Dr Horrible Page 2

I seem to have become obsessed in under 24 hours.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 26 2008, 9:13 PM BST

Long long is each Act? I've downloaded something around 42mins long. Is this one act or all three?

How|?

I'm stymied

Quote: sootyj @ July 27 2008, 6:50 PM BST

How|?

I'm stymied

Torrent.

I didn't realise until recently that Joss Whedon wrote Alien Ressurection.

Finally watched it yesterday.
Really liked it, was original and good fun.
Dunno why this stands out, but really laughed at the "some people have a third layer which is just the same as the first one" line.
Must also admit to a 40 minute boy crush on Neil Harris, though I might be better now Whistling nnocently The girl was really really cute, I have something about red hair! She looked dead familiar as well but I couldn't place her. Has she been on owt before?
I didn't quite get the bit right at the very end though. The bit right before the credits. Don't wanna say more in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

I liked that 'layers' line too!

And hurrah for a boy crush. He is very crushworthy in this after all.

Which bit didn't you get? Maybe if we talk about it in teeny tiny writing...

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2008, 1:38 PM BST

I liked that 'layers' line too!

And hurrah for a boy crush. He is very crushworthy in this after all.

Which bit didn't you get? Maybe if we talk about it in teeny tiny writing...

Ah, good idea!

You know at the end he goes into the league of evil room in his red suit? Then the doors close as he's singing something like 'I don't feel...', then it cuts to him dressed in normal clothes and looking sad as he says '...a thing'. Then the credits come up.

I have to say I didn't get that either. Also, if he had turned so evil that he wanted to take over the world, why didn't he kill all the other evil guys and start his own league of evil
?

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 28 2008, 1:57 PM BST

I have to say I didn't get that either. Also, if he had turned so evil that he wanted to take over the world, why didn't he kill all the other evil guys and start his own league of evil
?

Well, he wasn't evil in the first place, was he? He just thought he was.
And he didn't even actually kill anyone. He got into the ELOE only because they thought he had killed and because the media had declared him the villain.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 28 2008, 1:57 PM BST

?

That's true! They probably just wanted to get the horse reveal in at any cost!!
I thought the bit at the end might mean he didn't actually join the league after all, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Quote: ian_w @ July 28 2008, 2:03 PM BST

That's true! They probably just wanted to get the horse reveal in at any cost!!
I thought the bit at the end might mean he didn't actually join the league after all, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense.

I thought he got in there because of him being declared the super villain. Nevertheless he doesn't belong there in spite of his wishing to the contrary. And that's what he realises in the end. Am I over-interpreting?

Quote: Finck @ July 28 2008, 2:07 PM BST

I thought he got in there because of him being declared the super villain. Nevertheless he doesn't belong there in spite of his wishing to the contrary. And that's what he realises in the end. Am I over-interpreting?

No, I think you could be spot on there Fink. Good call!

Quote: Finck @ July 28 2008, 2:07 PM BST

So he leaves the league of evil and goes back to being normal? Although he wasn't a killer, and the hammer turned out to be a killer - which literally backfired on him, Dr Horrible's desire to be seen as the villain meant that he lost the one thing he really wanted - the girl. (Firstly by ignoring her with the heist, and then not turning up at the laundrette, and then her demise). So I thought that after she was gone, he was finally pushed over the edge and really became what he believed he was - evil. I think I'll have to watch it again...

Quote: Simon Stratton @ July 28 2008, 2:32 PM BST

So he leaves the league of evil and goes back to being normal?

It's left open what he does after having made it to the ELOE, but it is quite clear (I think) that he realises that he doesn't belong there. I could imagine that in the last shot of him sitting in front of his webcam he's just come home from his new 'job' at the ELOE and is now reporting on his blog as usual. I don't think it has to mean that he has quit.

Quote: Finck @ July 28 2008, 2:42 PM BST

It's left open what he does after having made it to the ELOE, but it is quite clear (I think) that he realises that he doesn't belong there. I could imagine that in the last shot of him sitting in front of his webcam he's just come home from his new 'job' at the ELOE and is now reporting on his blog as usual. I don't think it has to mean that he has quit.

Ah...yep.