Help finding title of old comedy series

Hiya, I wonder if anybody out there can help. We are trying to figure out the title of an old comedy series, we don't have much to go on!

We know one of the main characters was a cartoonist and he lived with his family. We think it was a British comedy series or sitcom. Probably between 1960 - 1985. It was on early evening.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Probably this one. I think he had a puppet he used to draw his cartoons with - it wasn't great.

'Keep it in the Family is a British comedy television series about a likable and irrepressably fun-loving and mischievous British cartoonist, Dudley Rush.

Also featured are Dudley's very attractive wife, Muriel, and their two pretty daughters, Jacqui and Susan. Dudley's literary agent, Duncan Thomas, is also featured.

The show was made by Thames Television for the ITV network, and ran from 1980 to 1983.'

Keep it in the Family not really funny but harmless he had a puppet that he always talked to

Seem to recall it starred Robert Gillespie, who was rather droll. Was it Pauline Yates as his wife?

Think it was one of those that started well, and then outstayed its welcome.

Thanks for the question, Amynicholas, but there is no reason to have made numerous threads. Please don't do it again.

Help!!!

I am traying to remember a name of 80-s or early 90-s British sitcom that I watched as a child.
It had only few episodes, and they were about a man, who had been left by his wife (i think she has cheated him with his friend). The man was telling the whole story retrospectively. He was remembering their marriage, and their brake - up. I am sorry, I do not remember much, but the guy was tall, blond and he was crushed by her decision. Can anybody help?

Not ringing any bells for me. Alan will probably be able to help when he gets online - but in the meantime, is there anything else you can recall about it?

Sounds like Joking Apart to me assuming the guy was also a stand-up comic?

Sounds like Hywel Bennet. What was it called?

Oh yes - Shelley?

Quote: David Chapman @ June 15 2008, 10:46 PM BST

Sounds like Hywel Bennet. What was it called?

Oh yes - Shelley?

Shelley wasn't told retrospectively, Joking Apart was, his wife didn't leave him till about S3 and there was over 60 episodes

OK then.

I quite liked Shelley's wife actually. Who was it?

Actually I remember another one with Dougie Brown married to Sharon Duce who was really hot in the 70s. Can't remember what that was called but it seemed to have a unique feel in that there wasn't any audience.

Belinda Sinclair was Shelley's wife

Sharon Duce did one called Coming Home in the 80's, Philip Jackson was her husband though

Duggie Brown sitcom was Take My Wife with Elisabeth Sladen

He also did The Glamour Girls with Brigit Forsyth but she never played his wife

OK - just found this.

TRIVIA NOTE
Eighteen months before Take My Wife, Brown co-starred with Sharon Duce in The House That Jack Built, a six-part series of humorous plays screened by BBC1 (15 June-20 July 1977). Written by Shelagh Delaney - the author of A Taste Of Honey - it depicted ten years in the life of a marriage, from wedding night to the present day

I agree with Alan, the comedy Amy is describing is almost certainly the much under-rated and very funny Joking Apart

https://www.comedy.co.uk/joking_apart/about.shtml

I never got around to watching that. Certainly will do later today! :)