The Mighty Boosh Festival lineup...

Actually looks really good so far considering it's a one-day festival. Is it bad to say I'm pleasantly surprised? Laughing out loud

The Velvet Onion comedy tent

The Mighty Boosh Confirm Fantastic Comedy Tent With The Kills and Peaches To Boot!

Noel and Julian’s inaugural festival of musical madness and comedy mayhem has just gone into overdrive by announcing two more major developments in their festival furore.

The Mighty Boosh have added a comedy tent to the festival lay out, aptly named ‘The Velvet Onion’. The comedy line-up
features multi award-winning international cult comic Ross Noble who has been described as "The most brilliant stand-up of his generation" (Sunday Telegraph), and critically acclaimed Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle, known for his numerous television appearances (Mock the Week, 8 out of 10 Cats, They Think It’s All Over, Law of the Playground, The Live Floor Show, The Graham Norton Show to name a few) and sell-out national tours.

Other comedians confirmed for the festival include Arj Barker (Flight Of The Conchords), Josie Long (If.Comedy Award WINNER), Mark Watson (If.Comedy Award WINNER), Matthew Holness (Garth Marenghi) Perrier Award WINNER, Milton Jones (Perrier Award WINNER), Wil Hodgson (Perrier Award WINNER), Tom Basden (If.Comedy Award WINNER), Pappy's Fun Club (If.Comedy Award Nominee), David O'Doherty (If.Comedy Award Nominee), Simon Munnery (Perrier Award Nominee), Andrew Lawrence (If.Comedy Nominee), Dan Clark (The Mighty Boosh TV Show), Robin Ince (The Book Club), Arnab Chanda, Paul Foot and Greg Fleet.

Says Noel Fielding "The line up is finally coming together with all our favourite bands and comic friends. We can’t wait; it is going to be a blast!"

Further acts to be announced shortly.

A link to a summary: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/080522e.shtml

F**king hell. Are these people performing for 5 minutes each? How are they going to fit everyone in (oo er)? :S

Anyway, zooo will be kicking herself that she can't go. Literally.

Quote: Aaron @ May 23 2008, 12:57 PM BST

F**king hell. Are these people performing for 5 minutes each? How are they going to fit everyone in (oo er)? :S

Anyway, zooo will be kicking herself that she can't go. Literally.

That's very true. But even so, that's a surprising variety. I'd love to see Andrew Lawrence again, he's brilliant.

I really want to go now. Damn my cynicism! I assumed it was going to be a bit rubbish so agreed to spend my money on other festival tickets.

Would stay in the comedy tent all day if some kind of miracle happened that allowed me to go, only emerging to see the Boosh Band again.

I really like loads of them!!

Pleeeease let it be recorded for dvd. :(

Agreed Zooo! *crosses fingers*

I really want to go, but £50!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 23 2008, 4:18 PM BST

I really want to go, but £50!

They've got to pay for the copious amounts of cocaine somehow.

Yes, I suppose! >_<

They are not Pete Doherty.

With him it'd be crack cocaine.

I'd pay 50 bucks Canadian...perhaps not 50 pounds though.

They did a secret show last night as a warm-up gig. I am kicking myself for deciding not to go, colds should be banned.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebigchillfestival

Robin Ince (The Book Club)

One to miss. Unless you like twee humour about Syd Little.

I'm really tempted to go, but again-£50!

Quote: Rachel @ June 7 2008, 11:15 AM BST

They did a secret show last night as a warm-up gig. I am kicking myself for deciding not to go, colds should be banned.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebigchillfestival

Wow.

I came over all unecessary when Julian started playing guitar.
He really is a rock god. :)