Holidays Page 29

Just saw the Slovenia bit. I went to Croatia in October and it was wonderful.

I'm now getting Facebook memories of my holiday this time last year in Mexico and 4 years ago in Australia
and as nice as the memories are it's irking me somewhat
bad language redacted

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd February 2021, 11:05 PM

I'm now getting Facebook memories of my holiday this time last year in Mexico...........................

Went to Mexico (somewhere I'd always wanted to go to - see the Aztec pyramids for eg) in the late 70s for two weeks free with Nikon cameras.
Had a week in Mexico City and week in Acapulco, staying at the best hotels etc.etc.- had a fabulous time! :D

Well I'm going overseas to the Isle of Wight in July and Somerset in September. Not going abroad this year.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th February 2021, 6:36 PM

Well I'm going overseas to the Isle of Wight in July and Somerset in September. Not going abroad this year.

True Brexiteer, loyal to the UK to the very end.

I'll be going to Blackpool for a weekend.
What? Blackpool?
Not been since the children were young . They're in their 30's now.
We shall stay at the Queens hotel. It's very nice with many bars and amenities.
The local acts all come in after their shows.
Was chatting with Mick Miller and Chubby Brown last time.

Quote: Ben @ 24th February 2021, 6:49 PM

True Brexiteer, loyal to the UK to the very end.

Well it is quite difficult going abroad. I'm not really happy about flying in the foreseeable future.

Quote: nitros @ 21st February 2024, 1:16 AM

I couldn't go anywhere on winter holidays, but I feel so exhausted, so I just need to change the environment. I can't go abroad right now, but I'll have a few days off next week. Where can I go inside the UK to relax and recharge? Any recommendations on beautiful and calm places?

Swanage, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Lake District...

May not be the ideal time of year for those but then the same could be said about anywhere in the UK. It was very pleasant and sunny in Swanage on Monday & Thursday last week. A bit drizzly Tuesday & Wednesday but still mild.

The person with whom I was holding a conversation seems to have walked out on me.

Story of my life...

I did a few of those offers in The Sun around 2006 I think where you get a nice discount on a stay at a caravan park in Dorset. It was good value with a very clean caravan and on the last day we ended up staying an extra few days because it was like getting it at half price.

I've never been on a sleeper train before and am thinking of a trip to Salzburg which may or may not happen this year. Visit The Mozarthaus Vienna and see where he slept. Shove loads and loads of paper down the toilet in the visitor's centre followed by the biggest bowl of Alpen you've ever seen. Any tips on sleeper train routes from the UK, general tips for staying in and around Austria and blocking toilets?