Scrubs - Season 7 Page 2

John Goodman is good in the big lebowski but a lot of the time he seems like the poor mans John Candy.

He seems to have profited a lot since John Candy died by taking roles which would have been perfect for him e.g The Flintstones.

Back on topic, I'm finding this current season on E4 a real disappointment. The whole things gone flat, and even Doctor Cox and the Janitor seem pretty tired. No wonder Laverne jumped ship.

I just cannot stand Scrubs. It's advertised all the time on Paramount. :/

Just read on Chortle that Zach Braff is leaving the show at the end of the next season. The article suggests that the show will carry on without him. Would there really be any point to this? Surely better to stop at a point where the show is still good.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 17 2008, 2:11 PM BST

Just read on Chortle that Zach Braff is leaving the show at the end of the next season. The article suggests that the show will carry on without him. Would there really be any point to this? Surely better to stop at a point where the show is still good.

In that case it should have stopped at about Season 6, because IMO this season has been pretty poor.

Argh, though it's been my favourite show forever end it when Braff leaves, it's the right thing to do.

Quote: chipolata @ July 17 2008, 2:12 PM BST

In that case it should have stopped at about Season 6, because IMO this season has been pretty poor.

It's certainly got to a point where pretty much all it can do is repeat itself, but I still find it entertaining. Perhaps the Janitor could have some kind of poor quality spin-off series, which dies on it's arse.

It is still entertaining. But it's also missable, which earlier seriers weren't. And I'm missing Kelso already.

Has anyone seen the old clips of the Janitor bloke doing stand up, on Youtube?

no! Hook us up yo!

I think this season of Scrubs has been pretty boring. I find myself watching at least half an episode then changing channels. Series three four and five have been the best IMO.

Quote: Curt @ July 19 2008, 2:43 PM BST

no! Hook us up yo!

It's not very funny, but here it is anyway: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd0sNY4i6E0

Scrubs was excellent seasons 1-4 anyway, 5&6 were okay their are few in season 7. The characters have all became extreme versions of themselves. I think the writers have had a change of heart and decided they all need to grow up. I will watch season 8 and hope it's good.

I think they have to give up all together, take that great team of writers and put them to work on something completely new. That would be awesome.

Quote: Curt @ October 26 2008, 4:56 PM BST

I think they have to give up all together, take that great team of writers and put them to work on something completely new. That would be awesome.

Unfortunately, lightning doesn't often strike twice. There are plenty of examples of people behind great shows just not being able to replicate the magic again.