Scrubs - Season 7

I was watching the new series last night on E4 and I couldn't help but think the last few years have seen a real decline in the show. Yes, I still like it, and it still makes me laugh, but inspired moments seem fewer and farer between. The only thing that made me laugh out loud last night was Doctor Beardface. Everything else seemed a bit tired.

I think we all tire of the same characters and writers can only take their development so far. I'm not sure if this is the last series but it should be.

I have a feeling it is the last series because the writers strike got in the way of the finale. I'm not sure if they sorted that out or not.

And I agree, all long running shows run the risk of getting tired. But some - Cheers, Friends, even Frasier - did manage to stay relatively fresh towards the end despite some blips along the way.

I enjoyed series 1 to 4, then series 5 to 6 weren't that good, series 7 (this series) looks like it's back on track.

Series 8 is the last series. I enjoyed last night's episode by the way.

I try and enjoy watching Scrubs but I can't stand Zach Braff.

Shame really, as I can see there are good characters and humour there but everytime he pops up on the screen I have to turn over.

I'm allergic to him.

Anyone else have an allergy to a comedian that prevents them from otherwise possibly enjoying a sitcom?

I'm allergic to Graham Norton. Every time he appears on TV hives break out on my body and a 12 bore shot gun mysteriously appears in my hands. I've got through a lot of telly's I tell you.

Not a sitcom, but that Freema creature from Doctor Who.

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 9 2008, 1:15 PM BST

I try and enjoy watching Scrubs but I can't stand Zach Braff.

Shame really, as I can see there are good characters and humour there but everytime he pops up on the screen I have to turn over.

I'm allergic to him.

Anyone else have an allergy to a comedian that prevents them from otherwise possibly enjoying a sitcom?

John Goodman. Hate him. His annoying voice fat face arrghh he just makes me so angry!!!

Quote: Gavin @ May 9 2008, 3:17 PM BST

John Goodman. Hate him. His annoying voice fat face arrghh he just makes me so angry!!!

Wow, haven't heard of anyone hating John Goodman before. I guess that would really ruin the excellent film The Big Lebowski then :)

When I heard that Zach Braff might be playing the role of Fletch in the proposed prequel I was really worried as I love the character of Fletch and yet I wouldn't be able to see the film because of Braff.

:S

I can't stand Ralph Little.

I think he's brilliant. He's awesome in Lebowski and I love his performance in O Brother, Where Art Thou? Love that movie in general.
As for Zach Braff I really his self loathing act can be a little much at times but overall I find him hilarious. Although i'm not sure how good he could play Fletch. I don't know if he could pull off that character.
Don't know who Ralph Little is.
Mine is Jamie Kennedy. His stand up isn't bad and his song about hanging with Bob Saget (the dad from Full House) was pretty funny stuff. But I can't stand him in movies he's annoying, unfunny and at best forgettable.

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 9 2008, 3:53 PM BST

Wow, haven't heard of anyone hating John Goodman before. I guess that would really ruin the excellent film The Big Lebowski then :)

When I heard that Zach Braff might be playing the role of Fletch in the proposed prequel I was really worried as I love the character of Fletch and yet I wouldn't be able to see the film because of Braff.

:S

Anybody's got to be preferable to Chevy Chase.

Quote: chipolata @ May 14 2008, 10:14 AM BST

Anybody's got to be preferable to Chevy Chase.

Angry

I think Chevy Chase is funny. Could be because he looks like my dad.

I love Chevy Chase. He has perfect comic timing. He doesn't look like my Dad though. :)