Placebo....

Did anyone watch this on BBC3, it's on the Iplayer now. I think it was either a one off sitcom or a pilot. I thought it was all right but nothing really special. There was a great bit about apples but it mostly relied on knob and various other disgusting gags. Nick Mohammed (sp?) put in a good performance though.

saw 5 mins - looked crap. knob gags for a laugh are as lazy as swearing in my book.

I didn't know about it until I saw it available for downloading this morning! Great publicity there, BBC Three.

Anyway. Yeah, didn't see it obviously, but will watch later and see what it's like.

And yes, it was a pilot.

I thought it was pretty weak. Find it hard to laugh at Maxine peake since she played Myra Hindley. Have to disagree about knob gags though. They are the essence of comedy.

Knob gags are a hard one.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 7 2008, 5:19 PM BST

They are the essence of comedy.

Really? Each to their own. Just seems lazy and childish writing.

No that's txt spk Mister Lewis.

Each to their own in comedy mind. Hang on by damn... I think you might be on to something!

:)

But you are right... maybe not essence.

Quote: M Lewis @ May 7 2008, 5:31 PM BST

Really? Each to their own. Just seems lazy and childish writing.

- I've been doing my pelvic floor exercises all week.

- What, like holding a pencil with your bits?

- Well, I've been using a magic marker, but the principle's the same.

What's lazy and childish about that?

Well if she was actually writing with it it might look a little childish and kind of all over the place?

So Godot what's yopur favourite nob gag?

I too liked the apple bit.
I also like some of the characters.
In my honest opinion you can never have too much cock.

Charley - the voice of reason.

I thought the acting was actually pretty bloody good. Esp the lead straight guy.

Quote: Marc P @ May 7 2008, 6:59 PM BST

Charley - the voice of reason.

Do you think in 100 years I will be known as a great philosopher. Like Freud & Karl Marx?

Do you Marc?

You'll be thought of like Emma Freuds.

Whose that. A sex kitten?