Do you ever feel you've forgotten what's funny? Page 5

Lets not get started on catherine tate. Old woman or not, she is incredibly unfunny. And that's a factual opinion.

Quote: Rebecca Davies @ April 23 2008, 10:26 PM BST

Lets not get started on catherine tate. Old woman or not, she is incredibly unfunny. And that's a factual opinion.

She's awful.

Terrible actress and really bad comedian (Funny accent + funny wig = offensive and unrealistic trait, does not a good character make)

She also comes across as really arrogant and humourless when she's being herself.

She was shocking in Big Train 2 and her show is so wide of the mark it's unreal.

Seefacts, I concur. A lot.

On the contrary, I find her really funny when she's being herself. At least in the interviews I've heard.
Much funnier than I find her characters. (Although, I don't think they're all bad.)

I think she's excellent but like everything else, we get fed up of the characters, as in Little Britain, there's only so much one can do with one character before it becomes sooooo boring. Then we tend to forget how they amused us in the first place

She's definitely no Karen Taylor.

Yeah, in your factual opinion, that is

I think too many people on this forum believe that good comedy has to be either incredibly clever or topical. It can be, but it doesn't have to be.

Del boy falling through the bar.
Throwing an egg at John Prescott.

Neither of those are either funny or topical. Yet even now, they still cause me to urinate my trousers.

I've seen that Del Boy clip about a thousand times too many for it to be funny anymore.
But point understood and agreed with entirely.

I saw it the other night and it still raised a chuckle

I forgot to include wacky. Wackiness doesn't necessarily make something funny either.

Despite the Del Boy clip being shown every day, it's still a great moment. Perfectly executed, with great support from Trigger.

Catherine Tate is still shit mind.

Humour is so subjective Steve so you really waste your time telling us what is funny and what isn't

I think that was kind of my point, bushbaby.

oh, right