A new Blackadder scenario

Ok, so we've had him as a mediaeval prince, a royal lackey etc etc...

... but if you had your choice, in which new setting would you place dear Rowan and Tony to strut their cunning stuff..?

If it wasn't so much like series 4 'Goes Forth', I'd have them as an WWII RAF pilot and his 'batman'.

This is something I've often thought actually. I think I'd like to see something Victorian (more substantial than Christmas Carol), perhaps. Beyond that, I'm not sure exactly. Perhaps a workhouse master... Trouble being, of course, is that it'd ruin the roughly chronological existence of the series' so far.

I remember reading a while back they were thinking of making a film set during the Russian Revolution.

Here we go - http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1803394,00.html

Yeah, there've been rumours of numerous different scenarios - particularly that one, and swinging 60s hippy London.

I liked the idea of the character 'Bald Rick' for the 60s incarnation. :)

It's always amazed me how Curtis and Elton (Atkinson wrote some of them as well, didn't he?) wrote all four series', in such a small amount of time.

"Richard Curtis, Rowan Atkinson, Ben Elton, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson in the room - that's a lot of comedy talent to draw on!"

Comedic talent?? Dear Lord.

Edited by Aaron.

You don't think they're talented?

I don't know when I'd want it to be set, but I want Blackadder to be a priest.

If you genuinely don't think Stephen Fry has comedic talent then you need a good beating. :)

I'd set it bang upto date with Blackadder as a ambitious backbencher, cunningly using voters money to pay for second homes and what not.....oh wait a minute! :)

Edited by Aaron.

What have you updated Aaron?

Just capital letters.

lol, ever the pedant! Sorry should that be Lol and Pedant?

Probably should be a capital 'L', but I'll let it slide, as I can never decide myself.

I've said this before and I know others agreed that Blackadder just before the Russian revolution started would be hilarious! After the revolution though...a little more bleak especially if he had to interact with the ousted prince.