Word Magazine - Best and Worst British TV Shows Page 2

I didn't say it was Tintin taking him up the chuff!

They've done a pretty good job of picking the best shows - a lot of my favourites are in this list.

Incidentally Empire Magazine have listed their top 50 TV shows recently. Not much Britcom in there, but if you are interested... http://www.empireonline.com/50greatesttv/

Yes you're right, if excellent shows like Red Dwarf are there, Torchwood should be too...

Quote: Griff @ April 11 2008, 5:44 PM BST

Why isn't Torchwood in the Worst Ever bit of the list ?

Because some episodes are really quite good; and why is Red Dwarf in the shit list? That show, at least for the first six series, was great! A touch of snobbery me thinks.

Quote: Mark @ April 11 2008, 5:40 PM BST

They've done a pretty good job of picking the best shows - a lot of my favourites are in this list.

Incidentally Empire Magazine have listed their top 50 TV shows recently. Not much Britcom in there, but if you are interested... http://www.empireonline.com/50greatesttv/

That Empire list was even worse. They had Buffy the freaking Vampire Slayer as the #2 best television show...better then every other TV show ever made except apparently the Simpsons.
Wow

Have to say I never really got Buffy. The characters were sort of annoying, none of the threats were taken seriously, and every week the bad guy was taken out by a bit of Kung Fu style ass kicking, even if they were a mighty ancient demon sort who was capable of destroying existence. And Buffy was not in the least bit a likable character, and neither was she hot; so it failed on those two levels aswell. Boo Buffy-Boo.

I actually didnt mind Angel, for some reason. And Firefly, Whedons next show, was pretty damn good aswell. But Buffy was poo.

I love Buffy.
Angel was okay.

I've yet to see such a mindblowingly excellent plotline in any other show, that's as brilliantly done as Dawn's entrance into Buffy.

Sounds damp.

*Google Images 'Cordelia'*

CRIPES.

Quote: zooo @ April 11 2008, 5:34 PM BST

Nooooooooo!
His relationship with Tintin was not like that!

That's what Captain Haddock was for.

Wasn't that the eternal love triangle?

I'm sure the Thompsons were involved somehow too...

So a pentagon? A hectagon....?
Like I said, not a maths person.

Five people would be a pentagon, yes. I think.

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2008, 12:18 AM BST

Five people would be a pentagon, yes. I think.

And still not a female in sight - unless you count Allanah Currie.