My first contract Page 7

That's good news then.

Just make sure you haven't pitched it to the BBC before!

MY Hero was turned down by the BBC five years before it was sent in again and accepted.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 28 2008, 1:27 PM BST

That's good news then.

Just make sure you haven't pitched it to the BBC before!

*Tugs collar*

So, Channel 4 it is.

I'll be gutted if neither of my pilots ever get anywhere, because they're both ace.

I'm quite excited now because I'm working on a new pilot now anyway.

Why am I tell you all this? How very boring.

Quote: Marc P @ April 28 2008, 1:28 PM BST

MY Hero was turned down by the BBC five years before it was sent in again and accepted.

Really?

Interesting.

I'm still hoping they might like it - the script IS different to when I sent it off.

Quote: Seefacts @ April 28 2008, 1:33 PM BST

Why am I tell you all this? How very boring.

I've found this an interesting thread. It's been quite a rollercoaster. And I don't mean at your expense.

Quote: Winterlight @ April 28 2008, 1:35 PM BST

I've found this an interesting thread. It's been quite a rollercoaster. And I don't mean at your expense.

Well, I'm glad it's been of some interest. That was the plan!!

Also, though it's not a comedy, it took something like 9 years for Life on Mars to get on screen.

Give it time.

Everyone wants to find talent. If you've got it, they'll come back.

Seefacts,

What's yer f**king problem?!!

Unless you offered him, and he accepted, certain 'favours' the producer obviously thought your stuff was good enough to have his name associated with it.

There's a hell of a lot worse things can happen to you in life than this so don't be so sensitive and look upon it as a hiccup, no more.

Apologise, sincerely, for a silly and at worst naive mistake. If it is not accepted and you don't all move on back to where you were before the 'error' came to light then it tells your more about the prod then you would find out after years of working with them.

It would appear you have a talent for comedy as you have advised us of more than one initial success so be thankful for that and just keep working bloody hard.

See, if people in this game actually told the truth more often (what's funny and what's not) and stopped pandering to friends and friends of friends then we might get to see real, FUNNY, comedy being produced.

Good luck mate.