2006 Series

Was wondering if any news on the following 2006 series returning for new series

I'm With Stupid
Feel The Force
Not Going Out
Grownups
Respectable (lved this one on five)

I'm With Stupid and Grownups are returning, unless I'm very much mistaken. Feel The Force wasn't such a hit, so I doubt it'll be back. Not Going Out I would be highly surprised if it doesn't continue, but one never knows. Not sure about Respectable. I loved it too, but it may prove that the controversy surrounding the show means that Five/Paramount decide a second series is not viable.

I'm With Stupid - think I'm right in saying that there has been no news on whether this is returning. But I'll be surprised if it doesn't as ratings and reviews were generally positive.

Not Going Out - ditto.

Feel The Force - seriously doubt it.

Grownups - a second series was recently announced.

Respectable - I sincerely hope not as this was one of the worst sitcoms of last year IMO. It was also a ratings disappointment and provoked a lot of controversy, so I'd be surprised if Five went there again.

Actually, the ratings for Respectable went up but i doubt it'll get a second series because it did come to a good conclusion.

But why Grownups is getting a 2nd series i don't know.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ January 16, 2007, 11:00 AM

Actually, the ratings for Respectable went up but i doubt it'll get a second series because it did come to a good conclusion.

Ratings didn't improve much and certainly not enough to justify a second series.

I did hear that Five have decided not to make another series of Respectable. That decision was due to the restructuring of Five and the ratings obviously.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ January 16, 2007, 11:00 AM

But why Grownups is getting a 2nd series i don't know.

Reasonably amusing, and the direct descendent of Two Pints - which, no matter what your opinion of it may be, you can not possibly deny that it is a hit.

So a bit of a 'no-brainer' really. I would if I were them.

Yep, Grownups is getting a second series because, along with Two Pints, it has a sizeable audience. I don't get their appeal (both of these shows have rubbish scripts and OTT acting and the only positive is Sheridan Smith who deserves better than this slop). But you can't argue with the ratings, I suppose.

Great to hear I'm With Stupid could be back as I really did think it was probably one of the best things to come from BBC 3.

Can't believe that Pulling is getting a 2nd series as it left my cold.

Shame about Respectable/Feel The force

But cheers for the info guys.

As it happens Respectable's audience figures were actually OK (they wouldn't be for most channels but I suspect Five considered them reasonable). I doubt that ratings had much to do with their decision. As if to highlight my point Suburban Shootout is returning to Five later in the year - that achieved similar ratings to Respectable.

The decision is, I suspect, more about dodging the controversy. Five's management have publically said they want to move the channel into a different market (hence the art programmes that keep cropping up and endless CSI repeats). Respectable certainly doesn't fit the new image.

For the record here are some more sitcoms that will be returning:

Last of the Summer Wine - The BBC have probably commissioned another million series of this. I'm surprised the production team don't just start sending in old episodes again - as they're all the same anyway no one would notice.

Lead Balloon

Sensitive Skin

Thick of It Special

And coming back this very spring are: My Family, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, Hyperdrive, Ideal

And good news for LOTSW fans; the DVD releases are about to recommence!

Quote: Mark @ January 17, 2007, 5:05 PM

As it happens Respectable's audience figures were actually OK (they wouldn't be for most channels but I suspect Five considered them reasonable). I doubt that ratings had much to do with their decision.

The audience figures were poor given all the media coverage that the show attracted. A more cynical soul than me would argue that controversy equals viewers and viewers equal cash. Not in the case of Respectable which ended up as one of those shows that media types discussed in depth (I can't think of another sitcom from last year that attracted more media coverage), whilst viewers yawned and opted for what was on the other side. Five would be forgiven for thinking, sod this, we'll just stick a film on and that will get more viewers.