This is myself

Hello everyone, as a newbie I just thought I'd introduce myself. However, I wrote everything on my profile so instead of writing it again, I will direct you there. I have to say I'm glad to come across a site that is dedicated to the love of the British sitcom, it looks great so far. Even though some of my friends enjoy some of the shows I watch, there isn't a single one that can sympathise with the full scope of my obsession and its good to have boards like these that arent infested with trolls like certain imdb websites. Ive read through a few threads and everyone seems pretty cool.

Being an Australian has it's advantages in that a lot of the really crap shows are filtered out and never arrive here, but with that comes the disadvantage of not being exposed to the more underground but just as funny sit coms. Because even the most mainstream comedies aired in Britain recieve little recognition and are considered underground over here, so half the reason I joined was to get an idea of new shows coming out or good older ones that I havent really discovered yet.

I cant say Im a writer but I look forward to reading other peoples scripts and maybe one day giving it a shot myself...

Hi Liam and welcome

Hope you enjoy it round here

how do Liam pal hope you have a blast here.

Although I've been a member for a few months I have never formally introduced myself to you, and since my cover was blown a few days ago I think I owe it to you all to come clean. Up until about three years ago I was enjoying a relatively successful career as a gag writer/sketch writer/script editor for what probably amounted to 100s of TV and Radio shows over about 20 years. (I should've see it coming. I once commissioned the late, great Eric Davidson for a sketch show and the producer said to me: Eric Davidson? How old is he?) Huddlines, Noel's House Party, Call My Bluff, Live From... I can't remember them all but I remember working for Monkhouse, Bob Hope (5 years including several US specials)Tarbuck... All of which does me no good at all when trying to get on current shows and pitching to producers who've never heard of Bob Hope. I enjoy this site, although I struggle with the cursing and bodily functions gags - I'm not a prude but a find a little of that goes a long way. Anyhow I hope to be on here a long time and I'll let you know the minute I hear show business is making a comeback.

Hi Charlie, had a look at your website and noticed that you do team building seminars based around comedy. Wondered if you've ever considered doing workshops for aspiring comedy writers?

Welcome Charlie glad to see you on here.

I came to writing later that I wanted to. I first had a failed career in music to sort out and wish I had started earlier. I find it so fulfilling and there's still nothing better than hearing something you wrote getting a laugh.

I'm not ancient (late forties) but I do hanker after times when funny required thought and skill. Don't get me wrong there is still some fantastic talent around in comedy but a quick look at current TV schedules fills me with despair.

Reality cack everywhere and fewer opportunities for the writer to ply his / her trade.

Off now to work up a new celebrity karaoke format involving the humiliation E list wannabees. My new comedy drama will have to go on hold for now.

Cheerio tata.

hello liam, i hope you have a good time on the forum i'm sure you wll, i love australia, i visited perth a few years back a place called dongra bay, great people and a great country, and welcome charlie

BLENKINSOP i agree with you, i hate these reality shows, with a bunch of double z listers, i swear the mole on my neck is more famous than some of them "celebrities" ow and that reminds me, in this weeks copy of "hello" magazine there is a two page spread about the mole on my neck and soon it will be appearing in "i'm a celebrity, put me in a jungle so i can become famous again"

ow and welcome to charlie and liam i look forward to chatting Wave
(new siganature time)

Hi Liam.
Welcome.

Can i come spend some time with you in Oz?
I have never been to date & i want to go. *Begging on knees*

I'm rather jealous of some of UKTV's programming Liam, but good point otherwise! And welcome. :)