Bloody Spam Emails Page 3

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 1:38 PM

Early stages of dementia/Alzheimer's and general frailty in the elderly can play a big role in such scams.

I work in this field now and, yes, financial scams often hit them the hardest.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd August 2022, 2:05 PM

I work in this field now, and, yes, financial scams often hit them the hardest.

My parents live in a 55+ community in Florida, and every couple of months, someone in their 80s or 90s heads to the bank or shop to purchase a massive amount of gift cards. Luckily, the banks and cashiers are aware of these scams, and they are able to stop the seniors from making a costly mistake. Their neighbors are also on alert and do an excellent job of educating them about this kind of fraud.

My 86-year-old father has advanced dementia, and it's a terrible disease. My mother is a saint and takes very good care of him, although he'll almost certainly end up in a care facility someday.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2022, 3:31 PM

When the bank could see she didn't believe them, and she kept mum on the fraud operation, the bank called in the police TWICE and she thought they were in on this massive fraud too, by being paid off by the bank.

She lost £545,000

It beggars' belief.

This woman was a well educated retired lady with all her faculties, so it doesn't have to be dementia etc.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 1:38 PM

Early stages of dementia/Alzheimer's and general frailty in the elderly can play a big role in such scams.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 2:51 PM

This woman was a well educated retired lady with all her faculties, so it doesn't have to be dementia etc.

Hence my use of the word "can".

Whatever, you weren't the only one suggesting that.

Quote: Ben @ 22nd August 2022, 2:05 PM

I work in this field now

what? Conning people?

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd August 2022, 6:33 PM

what? Conning people?

You didn't send that money, did you?

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd August 2022, 6:35 PM

You didn't send that money, did you?

Ben is very persuasive.

I mean, this one is so bloody obvious, I don't know how they think they are going to get away with it :-

For a start, it's from TV Licensing via "rachel&graham@virginmedia.com", telling me that my TV licence is unpaid, and gives me a link to pay it.

Must think I've just fallen off the top of a Christmas tree

I got one saying my JP Morgan Bank account has been frozen for security reasons

M'kay

Let it freeze butthole