News on Life on Mars in North America?

I'm looking to see if ANY of you know anything about Life on Mars being released in North America?? It's driving me nuts that I can't get my hands on the series here in Canada.

Order it online?

I would but then it will be UK region. And I was going to leave that as my last resort. I did that with "Spaced" paying around 70 dollars in total only to find out it came out in North America region a few months later.
So yea I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it is coming out any time soon or if I should shell out the cash :(

Curt, I'm no expert on releases ect.

But generally North America doesn't like much of our programing, you mentioned yourself the IT crowd made it onto some sort of computer channel...

I doubt it will make it as it's very "English" - E.G You Slag!!!

But you can buy them online like Aaron said, your computer with no doubt have a DVD player which can be set to every region on earth.

Negative...I own a Mac which does not allow a switch over. Although I did mess up my DVD player so it can play UK DVD's...although now the DVD player has problems playing American ones. Oh well, thanks anyways guys.
I still think BBC America and Canada could be a very popular channel if they would only broadcast their new programing as frequently as they do their British broadcasting. But that's for another thread.

*snigger*

Curt, you can change the region on your mac DVD player 11 times before it sticks, which I believe is 5 times more than XP.

So stop sniggering Aaron.

There are downloads to hack it anyway. Plus Apple will reset it.

I'm not laughing at the DVD player regioning. Some players have it actually built into them, the hardware, so there's nothing the OS can do.

I'm laughing because he owns a Mac at all. ;)

I'm an ex graphic designer what can I say except, I'm used to Mac's now from using them for so long, it's a great computer for doing heavy graphics based work and oh yea...it's a superior computer. BAM! hahaha ;)
Yay for me.

Graphics work - technology has progressed, but if that's just what you're used to (and don't mind having your wallet raped for it), then fair enough.

Superior - pfft, don't make me laugh!

Well let's just look at some of the things that appeared on a Mac first, then 'migrated' to a PC.

3.25" (hard plastic) Floppy drive

Postscript

Aliased Fonts

'WYSISWYG'

Windows and mouse based GUI in a home computer.

Firewire

64 bit in a desktop + software (4 years before intel)

Photoshop, QuarkXPress, Avid, Illustrator...

DVD Burner

Apple computers are more expensive, true, but a Mercedes costs more than Ford. It's up to you if you want one enough to be 'raped in the arse'.

I'm not sure I see your point. So things have been available on Apple computers before others. Big deal. In any case, first doesn't necessarily mean best.

Next you'll be be telling me that the MacBook Air is innovative! ;)

It's not about first being best, it just that Apple pioneered/developed/co-developed or otherwise popularised these technologies, how does that make the pc superior?

Your macbook air link could have been written the fat bloke from the pc commercials. 'It's only got one USB port - no optical drive...' Talk about not getting it. It's not a replacement for a fully featured laptop - it fits in an envelope for f**ksake. Using software developed by Apple I could upload an operating system to it from a PC running vista or XP wirelessly. That's pretty cool. In ten years time there won't be optical drives or hard disks in the laptops.

There is an innovation. The Air supports 'gestures' on the touchpad. You can zoom a window by pinching, go forwards and backwards by swiping etc, like the ipod touch and the iphone. In a few years time you will see this technology on pcs - albeit a f**ked-up mostly non-working version because microsoft will refuse to license it and won't be able to get it working properly themselves. It will come in three versions as well- 'home', 'ultimate' - and 'how much?'

Testify!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 9, 2008, 11:36 AM

It's not about first being best, it just that Apple pioneered/developed/co-developed or otherwise popularised these technologies, how does that make the pc superior?

It doesn't necessarily. But how does it make the Mac-based PC superior?

Your macbook air link could have been written the fat bloke from the pc commercials.

Those are hilariously bad.

'It's only got one USB port - no optical drive...' Talk about not getting it. It's not a replacement for a fully featured laptop - it fits in an envelope for f**ksake.

So what is the selling point then? JUST that it's thin? A computer manufacturer produces a laptop which is smaller and thinner than what they've made in the past. I mean, woah. Stop the presses people!

In ten years time there won't be optical drives or hard disks in the laptops.

Well, hard drives are changing, I'll give you that. Not that that's an Apple innovation or idea. But no optical drives is just stupid. I don't want to have to rely on another machine to get stuff onto my laptop. I've discussed the lack of optical drive with numerous people, both Mac and Windows users, and you're the first who's even so much as hinted that it's a positive. I can see them getting thinner, but disappearing completely, I think highly unlikely. (Unless of course you're just talking about Apple laptops, in which case I agree.)

There is an innovation. The Air supports 'gestures' on the touchpad. You can zoom a window by pinching, go forwards and backwards by swiping etc, like the ipod touch and the iphone. In a few years time you will see this technology on pcs - albeit a f**ked-up mostly non-working version because microsoft will refuse to license it and won't be able to get it working properly themselves. It will come in three versions as well- 'home', 'ultimate' - and 'how much?'

Yes, the pinching is quite a funky idea. But you do realise that similar stuff has been available - perhaps not on a Mac - for years, don't you? I mean, performing different operations depending on how and where you move your hand on a touchpad? A couple of changes, arguably 'improvements' if that's what you want, but I wouldn't really call it innovative.