NewsRevue again! Page 98

I've only just discovered Newsrevue, is it only 'live' or can you get recordings / podcasts? (I saw a short clip on You Tube and one from the Newsrevue website) Thanks.

Just live. I think the treason show have some best of CD's for sale though

Quote: blahblah @ September 18 2013, 3:11 PM BST

Just live. I think the treason show have some best of CD's for sale though

thank you! I'll try to get along there one night - I'd really like to submit something for the 'songs' category.

If you ask nicely some of the members might DM you songs that they've had on Newsrevue so you get the taste for what they look for. I would but I've lost all my old sketches cause of a broken hard drive :(

Quote: blahblah @ September 18 2013, 3:16 PM BST

If you ask nicely some of the members might DM you songs that they've had on Newsrevue so you get the taste for what they look for. I would but I've lost all my old sketches cause of a broken hard drive :(

Thank you, if anyone can share I would be very grateful, thanks

Not from NewsRevue, but Treason Show advice on songs. Can't imagine it will be much different.

Must be funny
Must be topical
Must still have the recognisable hook of the song you're parodying
Needs to fit the tune of the original as closely as possible leading up to the hook
Try to get some sort of story into it, avoid repeating choruses even if the song does.

Not that I can claim any success following this formula mind :)

Thank you Andy :)

I submitted my first newsrevue song lyrics yesterday. I worked for ages on a song but in the end I had to ditch it and go with another. All good fun though. :)

Well done - although it's best to submit on sunday or monday because they start rehersing on mondays, I think. Unless they send out emails asking for material during the week, which they often do

Quote: blahblah @ September 26 2013, 11:34 AM BST

Well done - although it's best to submit on sunday or monday because they start rehersing on mondays, I think. Unless they send out emails asking for material during the week, which they often do

Thanks - (the email came on Tuesday morning), it's very informative, they had links to the stories they wanted sketches for and they wanted lyrics for the party conferences. I went for an Ed Miliband speech to the song 'I'm too sexy', not sure if it works though. :D

Quote: Bonzo @ September 26 2013, 11:41 AM BST

Thanks - (the email came on Tuesday morning), it's very informative, they had links to the stories they wanted sketches for and they wanted lyrics for the party conferences. I went for an Ed Miliband speech to the song 'I'm too sexy', not sure if it works though. :D

You swine! I've gone with Ed Milliband's speech to the tune of "I Am What I Am".

Great minds and all that :)

Quote: AndyGilder @ September 26 2013, 1:45 PM BST

You swine! I've gone with Ed Milliband's speech to the tune of "I Am What I Am".

Great minds and all that :)

I'm sure yours was infinitely superior! I was trying to do jumpin jack flash (gas gas gas), but it stumped me! Good luck!

Quote: Bonzo @ September 26 2013, 1:51 PM BST

I'm sure yours was infinitely superior! I was trying to do jumpin jack flash (gas gas gas), but it stumped me! Good luck!

When it doesn't get used I'll share it in Critique, then you can see that it really wasn't :)

Although "I'm Ed Milliband" does scan nicely into "I Am What I Am". All downhill from there though!

I'm not aware of this "critique" you mentioned, is it on BCG?

Yes "I'm Ed Miliband" does fit nicely. Better than "I'm too sexy for Ed Balls" anyway! And I had to keep in "shake my little tush" as I couldn't bear to change it! :D

Is everyone else submitting to mail@newsrevue.com, there doesn't seem to be any other address to use on the website?

In which case, is anyone else getting any kind of acknowledgement that their mail has been received?