Curb Your Enthusiasm Page 11

Did anyone watch last night's one? It was bizarre, loads of weird story lines thrown together around Cheryl leaving Larry. I think it was all a little bit contrived (more than usual) but still some funny bits. Leon only said 12 words or so but 'you got some long-ass balls' was the best line in the show. Laughing out loud

I think Cheryl leaving Larry is quite a good development, and might send the comedy off in different directions. However, it did ram home the point that I care not a jot what happens to these characters, and have no feelings for them whatsoever.

Does anyone know if More 4 are showing the Season 6 finale? Or have I missed it? The last one I saw from the Monday nights was "The N Word", and there doesn't seem to be one on this week.

According to The Times' TV listings, Monday's episode on More4 features Steve Coogan playing Larry's psychiatrist. Should be worth a look just for that.

It's pretty good, Steve gets a big part and plenty of screen time.

:)

Just watched "The Therapist". It was probably the most un-Curb episode ever and all the better for it on recent form. Coogan was good too. Looking forward to the season finale now (though this season has been so up and down current form is definitely not an indicator of future performance).

I think The Therapists has probably been the strongest episode of this season, and Coogan was pretty good. Although I did notice a few continuity errors in the scene where he's on the sofa with Larry and Jeff.

hello all, first post - and what a howitzer....

interesting debate about coogan/CYE going on over at The Guardian...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2008/04/at_the_risk_of_sounding.html

i haven't seen the episode yet, but will do so asap as i'm a fan of both coogan and CYE. certainly, it appears to have had a mixed response.

Inconsequential thought but it seems there isn't an episode that goes past where Larry David doesn't end up having to pay out money for one thing another. It must run into thousands upon thousands. Anyone care to put a figure on it?

Quote: chipolata @ April 2 2008, 9:57 AM BST

I think The Therapists has probably been the strongest episode of this season, and Coogan was pretty good. Although I did notice a few continuity errors in the scene where he's on the sofa with Larry and Jeff.

Yeah I agree with that. Although it looked like Coogan wasn't quite sure how to play it but he still did a good job.

I liked it overall but there were some issues like why he would go see Cheryl's therapist after being released? And wouldn't she have realised he was the one that tried to mug her?

I usually let these kinds of things go but this ep was not one of the strongest for me on that side of things.

Quote: Pilot @ April 3 2008, 12:57 AM BST

I liked it overall but there were some issues like why he would go see Cheryl's therapist after being released? And wouldn't she have realised he was the one that tried to mug her?

I usually let these kinds of things go but this ep was not one of the strongest for me on that side of things.

She didn't get a look at him as he was wearing a hood and shaved. When they met at the end he had stubble and you could see his curly hair. The police approached Larry as he was the only one to see him, so they covered that. Although, he should have recognised her at the end and reacted to that. That was a bit bad.

I reckon with the standard this programme hits a few loose ends are neither here nor there. It's still funny and it still entertains. On a different tack, both the actors playing Jeff and Cheryl have both appeared in 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. OK, it's not groundbreaking but I thought it worth a mention.

I thought the last episode of the series was quite good. It was good to see Larry ending on a high, and any episode involving Leon is a good one. The star of this series for me.

Last two episodes were better, but I'm afraid seasons 5 and 6 have been disappointing overall. I hope he stops there.

To anyone new to Curb, my tip would be to stick to seasons 1-3, 4 at a push, and the odd episode from 5 (The Ski Lift) and 6 (The Anonymous Donor).