Cats!!!!! Page 189

People round here are mad. They feed every cat and all other wild animals daily and then bang like crazy on the windows as soon as one does anything animal like on their precious lawns. I don't feed the animals and I like my garden but I welcome all animals. I view my garden as an extension of countryside which naturally has foxes, dogs, badgers, squirrels, birds and cats doing what those folks do in proper Surrey wildernesses.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th October 2015, 10:37 PM BST

People round here are mad. They feed every cat and all other wild animals daily and then bang like crazy on the windows as soon as one does anything animal like on their precious lawns. I don't feed the animals and I like my garden but I welcome all animals. I view my garden as an extension of countryside which naturally has foxes, dogs, badgers, squirrels, birds and cats doing what those folks do in proper Surrey wildernesses.

I'd love a local badger sett. I did see a grey squirrel shinning up my next-door neighbours' drainpipe last week.

I reckon that all of the local cats form two main gangs called 'The Sharks' and 'The Jets' and have dance offs in the back gardens. I imagine my ageing tortie is egging everyone on whilst smoking a catnip filled reefer.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th October 2015, 10:47 PM BST

I'd love a local badger sett. I did see a grey squirrel shinning up my next-door neighbours' drainpipe last week.

I reckon that all of the local cats form two main gangs called 'The Sharks' and 'The Jets' and have dance offs in the back gardens. I imagine my ageing tortie is egging everyone on whilst smoking a catnip filled reefer.

:)

I like that very much.

We're east side here so it's ferrets up drainpipes but only because I spent some time in the North.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th October 2015, 10:51 PM BST

:)

I like that very much.

We're east side here so it's ferrets up drainpipes but only because I spent some time in the North.

Thank you. There was a great story in this month's Viz about a Whippet factory up north.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th October 2015, 10:53 PM BST

Thank you. There was a great story in this month's Viz about a Whippet factory up north.

I will check it our TheBlueNun.

I did read Viz every July and December between 1991 and 1997 but only because they made me fly first class to the UN and I wanted to show anyone next to me that I was simply a junior bag carrier with ordinary roots.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th October 2015, 11:03 PM BST

I will check it our TheBlueNun.

I did read Viz every July and December between 1991 and 1997 but only because they made me fly first class to the UN and I wanted to show anyone next to me that I was simply a junior bag carrier with ordinary roots.

If only I'd thought to bring it whilst travelling first class on the Eurostar oh so many years ago?

I thought this was a thread on the musical

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th October 2015, 10:40 AM BST

I thought this was a thread on the musical

I Got 50p tickets to see that once. Creepy.

I used to work on that show.

Kommst du blind auf die welt
Ist die nacht fur dich hell
(That's the opening lines in Deutsch)

Are you Blind when you're born
Can you see in the dark

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th October 2015, 5:40 PM BST

I used to work on that show.

Kommst du blind auf die welt
Ist die nacht fur dich hell
(That's the opening lines in Deutsch)

Are you Blind when you're born
Can you see in the dark

Have you still got the catsuit and tail stashed away in the wardrobe? If so, does Mrs Sunshine make you wear it on Bank Holidays?

My little cat Minnie got hit by a car on Sunday night, she didn't survive. It's been an awful few days, my girlfriend is devastated, as am I. We buried her today, in the garden under her favourite tree.

Gonna miss that little kitten, she only just turned one.

:(

:( :( :(

RIP Minnie.

Thanks zooo. It's strange that she's not lying on my feet whilst I lay in bed anymore.

It's strange because the day before I was watching her play around and imagining what she would have been like in a few years, whether or not she'll be a bit bigger (as she was still tiny).

It's awful because I didn't even know she ventured near the roads, as she seemed quite happy running around the back garden. I shouldn't be surprised though, as I did find her on the roof the other week, just meowing down at me like it was no big deal.

I'll spend the next few weeks finding little scraps of paper, like receipts and sweet wrappers that she chased under furniture, little reminders that she was a cheeky little bugger!

Awwww. :(

I bet most cats probably explore a bit more than we think.

I can definitely see why people want indoor cats. Feels like it would be so much easier to keep them safe.

Quote: Lee @ 27th October 2015, 11:18 PM GMT

My little cat Minnie got hit by a car on Sunday night, she didn't survive. It's been an awful few days, my girlfriend is devastated, as am I. We buried her today, in the garden under her favourite tree.

Gonna miss that little kitten, she only just turned one.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear that Lee. It's so sad. I hope your girlfriend is OK.

Quote: Lee @ 27th October 2015, 11:40 PM GMT

Thanks zooo. It's strange that she's not lying on my feet whilst I lay in bed anymore.

It's strange because the day before I was watching her play around and imagining what she would have been like in a few years, whether or not she'll be a bit bigger (as she was still tiny).

It's awful because I didn't even know she ventured near the roads, as she seemed quite happy running around the back garden. I shouldn't be surprised though, as I did find her on the roof the other week, just meowing down at me like it was no big deal.

I'll spend the next few weeks finding little scraps of paper, like receipts and sweet wrappers that she chased under furniture, little reminders that she was a cheeky little bugger!

When my Sophie went missing recently I felt really upset. I think other neighbourhood cats can upset timid/younger ones and drive them out of their comfort zone.

Quote: zooo @ 28th October 2015, 4:31 PM GMT

Awwww. :(

I bet most cats probably explore a bit more than we think.

I can definitely see why people want indoor cats. Feels like it would be so much easier to keep them safe.

Indeed, I have the feeling that my Sophie would stay indoors 24/7 if she could. She was a CP rescue cat who was dumped in a box near a bin.