Paramount Comedy 2

I've just heard some of PC2's new lineup. Starting in February, the channel will be broadcasting a host of new shows - surely signs of impending DVD releases for some if not all of them.

Programmes in the new lineup include Spitting Image, Terry and June, The Kenny Everett Television Show, Not Going Out, The Liver Birds, as well as new (and continued) runs of some 'old favourites' of theirs, including Don't Wait Up, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Murder Most Horrid, The Upper Hand, and The Piglet Files.

Times and repeats vary far too wildly to list, so check your TV guide.

I for one cannot wait. :D

Apparently they've been showing Not the Nine O'Clock News, recently. I don't know if these are compilations or the original episodes. I'd love those to come out on DVD.

Yes, they've been showing them off-and-on for the past year or so I think (along with sporadic runs of Happy Families, The Detectives, Chef!, and a few others). I'm not sure if it features in the new lineup, but as far as I am aware, they're the skanky compilations.

I may, of course, have copies of some of the originals, should you wish to PM me... Whistling nnocently

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2008, 3:28 PM

Programmes in the new lineup include Spitting Image, Terry and June, The Kenny Everett Television Show, Not Going Out, The Liver Birds, as well as new (and continued) runs of some 'old favourites' of theirs, including Don't Wait Up, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Murder Most Horrid, The Upper Hand, and The Piglet Files.

Spot the one that was made this millennium.

Ooo ooo! Pick me! Pick me! *waves hand in air frantically*

Kenny Everett - Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What was Piglet Files? Don't remember it.

Quote: earman2009 @ January 18, 2008, 10:09 PM

Kenny Everett - Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Agreed! :D

Quote: David Chapman @ January 18, 2008, 10:21 PM

Lyndhurst as a spy. Early nineties I think, I remember liking it when it was on, but then I would have been about ten.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 18, 2008, 10:21 PM

He's an electronics engineer-y clevery person of that kind, and one day finds himself recruited to MI5 as a techy-type. Manages to get himself the codename Piglet. He's reasonably competent, although inexperienced. Almost everyone around him is dim and/or vain to say the least. So fairly run of the mill in terms of character conflict, but a slightly different situation to most shows.

Remember now? ITV, 1990-2. Not an amzing programme, but pretty entertaining I thought.

Thanks. I don't remember ever seeing it.

Soundslike a typical ITV sitcom.

Interested to see Kenny Everett as I really liked watching him when I was little, but I havent really seen much of him since; beyond a few clips.

Well, my TV guide informs me that the next showing (presumably starting over from series 1 episode 1) is on 4th February at 12:35pm, Paramount 2 (Sky 128 if I remember rightly).

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 18, 2008, 10:45 PM

Interested to see Kenny Everett as I really liked watching him when I was little, but I havent really seen much of him since; beyond a few clips.

I'm nowhere near old enough to have seen him originally, but managed to track down quite a lot recently and really enjoyed it. :)

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2008, 10:48 PM

I'm nowhere near old enough to have seen him originally,

How dare you sir! What is the implication there!!:P

I do sort of remember liking him, but I would have been about three. Im still young . . . Im still young . . . (sobs)

I think it maybe because I'm from a different era but I just dont get Kenny Everett. (Didn't get)