The Thin Blue Line Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ January 9, 2008, 5:43 PM

"Just remember Raymond, my arse is on the line and I don't want a cock up."

"So, remember, it's your cock up - my arse"

Some genius dialogue that was.

I quite liked The Thin Blue Line. Nicely paced.

I remember being on holiday in Cornwall in 1996 and a German couple were staying at our hotel. My parents got quite matey with them and found out they were big fans of Rowan Atkinson. They'd never heard of The Thin Blue Line and my parents told them they should watch it. Later on that night, whilst The Thin Blue Line was on, HUGE roars of laughter could be heard coming from their room.

Yeah, I did like the Thin Blue Line. Grim made it though I think, they wrote him some awesomely brilliant lines. And Mark Addy was better as his sidekick in the second series as well.

Just been rewatching the series again. Does anybody else think that Rudolph Walker's Gladstone was frustratingly underused? His small contributions to the show were hilariously funny in my opinion, but you could go ages without seeing him. A character as funny as that should have been given more screen time.

I can't say it'd ever really occured to me before, but yes, he certainly could've been featured more heavily. Although, perhaps part of his brilliance is the slight mystique created from not appearing too often?

It's not on the same plain as Blackadder or NTNON, obviously, but it's clearly superior to Mr Bean (which I thought was garbage).

Good show overall and Grim is a great character.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ September 18 2009, 1:38 PM BST

It's clearly superior to Mr Bean (which I thought was garbage).

:O Angry

Rowan's hair always made me giggle...

Yes Rudolph Walker was underused, definitely.

Great show with some fabulous lines! :D

The first series of this show was excellent but personally I felt that the second series was slightly weaker. Still not bad but slightly overacted and forced.

David Haig was superb as others have mentioned.

I thought it was a great show.

It was okay, but never really a premier league show. IMO.

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 1:46 PM BST

It was okay, but never really a premier league show. IMO.

In the play off places from the Championship tho' I would have thought?

Just watched a few episodes of this again and it really is great.
Gag packed. And a wonderful supporting cast to play off RA and Haig.

I did like the Trinidadian sergeant.

Do you want me to do an impression of a plum tree? It involves me pulling my trousers down.

As a follow on from Gold's weekend, I've just started re watching it.

Have to say It's gone straight into my top sitcom list.

Absolutely brilliant. And I forgot about Stephen Fry's guest appearance.

:D