The Thin Blue Line

I've been rewatching this sitcom again for about the 10000th time. It's hilarious- yet gets a slating from newspapers and comedy books etc. I can't fault a thing about it. Sadly it only lasted for two series. It is in my opinion one of Britains best sitcoms

I will watch anything with Rowan Atkinson, thin blue line was very funny. My first attempt at a sitcom was likened to the thin blue line because of the ammount of gags it contained. 5 or 6 on every page. Didn't get anywhere though.

It's Atkinson that made it I think.

Stuff like 'There's a time and a place for smut and innuendo - and that place is Bird of a Feather' wouldn't work coming out the mouth of any other comedy actor.

Underrated and Elton's last good comedy output.

His only good solo output. Full stop.

Mark and I both LOVE this show. Brilliant from start to finish.

Quote: Aaron @ January 9, 2008, 5:34 PM

His only good solo output. Full stop.

Mark and I both LOVE this show. Brilliant from start to finish.

Yeah - his best on his own.

David Haig is brilliant in it, nearly as good as Atkinson.

"Just remember Raymond, my arse is on the line and I don't want a cock up."

Quote: Aaron @ January 9, 2008, 5:43 PM

Sorry? Were you talking to me?

The guy who plays Goody (momentarily forgotten his name) makes me laugh as well. Although I think the character iss straight which is not entirely convincing.

Quote: Aaron @ January 9, 2008, 5:43 PM

We don't want any of that wishy, washy, namby, pamby talk around here Aaron!

Its great , but lets be honest - without Grim its sh*te. That gay one is annoying in everything he's done and Atkinson is a good foil to Grim.

Grim = Sitcom Genius up there with the greats like Stan off Dinnerladies

Grim is the best charactor in it. For once, Atkinson plays second fiddle to Haig's Grim.

Definitely agree - as I think I've said on the forums previously, Grim is in my personal 'top ten sitcom characters of all time' list. Excellent character, played perfectly by David Haig.

Such a good sitcom. Goody is such a great character. I love the episode where they're all trying on riot gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haNF0Z9fAQY&feature=related

"Go away you nasty man!"

Quote: Mark @ January 9, 2008, 6:41 PM

Definitely agree - as I think I've said on the forums previously, Grim is in my personal 'top ten sitcom characters of all time' list. Excellent character, played perfectly by David Haig.

A friend and I actually produced our list of top 20 sitcom characters once! A slow day methinks. ANyway, Grim was in my top 20, not sure about the top 10.

I re-watched this show fairly recently and I found it funnier than I did the first time round.
There are no characters in it I dislike and Atkinson is brilliant as usual. That 'cock up' line from Grim is the one I always quote when talking about the show.