Ken Dodd Falls Ill

I have just read this on a website about Ken Dodd:

Doddy falls ill
Show cancelled next week

Ken Dodd has been forced to cancel two shows after falling ill.
The 80-year-old comic has been admitted to hospital, but it is not yet known why.

His spokesman said he had 'a little procedure' which was 'nothing serious' at the Royal Liverpool Hospital. The hospital says he was expected to be discharged 'in a couple of days'.

He has dropped his gigs at Birkenhead's Pacific Road Arts Centre on New Year's Day and the Theatre Royal St Helens on January 6. The St Helens gig has been rescheduled for February 12. No other shows have yet been affected.

Staff at the Theatre Royal say they learned of Dodd’s illness on Saturday.

The news comes after BBC Two dedicated a night of programmes to the Knotty Ash star on Christmas Eve.

I hope he is alright as I think he is a very funny man.

If I had the choice between Ken Dodd being ill or Billy Connolly being ill, I'd pick Billy every time.

Billy Connolly is funny too.

A great KD gag (paraphrased):

DOCTOR:
We'll have to operate, Mr. Dodd.

KEN:
I want a second opinion.

DOCTOR:
You're ugly.

Laughing out loud

I hate Ken Dodd's comedy. He is the most disgusting looking little man I have ever seen. Whenever he appears on TV I shudder. As soon as he opens his mouth I puke.
I can not believe that there are people out there that pay to see his shows.
Get well soon though Doddy. I never wish ill on anyone. Even though you are one OGLY little man.

Quote: JohnnyD @ January 1, 2008, 2:19 PM

A great KD gag (paraphrased):

DOCTOR:
We'll have to operate, Mr. Dodd.

KEN:
I want a second opinion.

DOCTOR:
You're ugly.

It was funnier when Tommy Cooper said it.

It was a hernia op.

He is ugly, but is very funny.

Yey Mate each to their own I say. The beauty of comedy & all that.
I just watched Chris Rock live. I have wet panties. Well funny & gorgeous so he is.

Quote: Charley @ January 1, 2008, 4:14 PM

Yey Mate each to their own I say. The beauty of comedy & all that.
I just watched Chris Rock live. I have wet panties. Well funny & gorgeous so he is.

Wet panties and an ass full of Vic, you sure paint some pictures C! :)

Well I hope Ken Dodd is better soon.

Here is some more news about Ken Dodd:
Surgery? It's a Doddle

Ken vows to return to stage

Ken Dodd has promised to be back on stage next month after undergoing hernia surgery.

The 80-year-old comic was taken to the Royal Liverpool Hospital on Monday morning for an unspecified procedure, sparking fears for his health.

But today his agent revealed that the operation had been for a hernia, and that it had gone well.

He said Dodd was ‘fine’ adding: ‘He's had to postpone a couple of concerts but he'll be back on stage next month.’

The hospital said they expected Dodd to be out within a couple of days.

Dodd cancelled two shows this week, in St Helens and Birkenhead, which will now be rescheduled. He had no other gigs planned n January. The St Helens gig will now take place on February 12.

He went into hospital just hours after a typical marathon performance at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, after which his friend Peter Grant said: ‘He was brilliant, absolutely the best form I've seen him in for a couple of years, although he was coughing a little bit. He did more stand-up in that show than ever and must have been on stage for at least three hours.’

BBC Two dedicated a night of programmes to the Knotty Ash star on Christmas Eve.

I thought it was more serious then that.

Ken will end up dieing on stage... take it anyway you wish...

Quote: jake how @ January 1, 2008, 4:38 PM

Well I hope Ken Dodd is better soon.

Yeah, me too. I was hoping I might be able to go and see one of his shows this year.

He is an original if nothing else. I like the guy. I think he's funny and he was big in his day, both 'live' and on TV.

My dad thought he was the best but I was never a great fan.