Catherine Tate accused of racism Page 7

Catherine Tate is not racist, but I think the christmas special should be made the last.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Jake How, are you a real person, or some kinda comic creation by someone with a very dry sense of humour?

I like Catherine Tate, it is I just think she should stop for a while.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ January 1, 2008, 12:39 PM

Jake How, are you a real person, or some kinda comic creation by someone with a very dry sense of humour?

Laughing out loud

Quote: jake how @ January 1, 2008, 12:36 PM

Catherine Tate is not racist, but I think the christmas special should be made the last.

Quite correct on both fronts unless, of course, people think that saying 'f**k' an awful lot in different forms is really very funny. She has written some good stuff in the past like 'Last Touch' which was my introduction to Catherine Tate. So she can do it if she wants but the trouble is laziness because it's easier to get a laugh out loud saying 'f**k'. Just like a school kid.

But back to the thread in question. I guess the term racism is quite subjective because if it's taken to it's true roots then one of the most racist programmes around is 'Scrubs'. Think about it. JD calls Turk 'Brown Bear' and Cox calls him Ghandi, to cite but two 'racist' comments and that's not even counting Bob Kelso's homophobic remarks - which are FUNNY.

Obviously Catherine Tate isn't a racist – I know that and you know that - although I think Mohammed the Bear would beg to differ.

Happy New Year!

Those are stupid comments, not racist. I forget the exact definition, but racism is the belief that one race is inherently below another, be it in terms of intelligence, society, or whathaveyou.

The Catherine Tate Show is a comedy show that is made to make people
laugh and make some people happy, I think that The Catherine Tate Show is funny, however I do think that sometimes it is not as good
as it could be, so I hope that Catherine Tate has a good 2008.

Poor CT had complaints about Nana's swearing. I mean by god we know Nana swears her face off already. Dont watch something if you know it is going to offend you eh! It makes me laugh the peeps who complain. They carry on watching the show right to the end. Even after the so called offending. I hate complainers. F**k em!

Catherine Tate is not going to make any more episode for a couple of years.

\o/

Well it's not wildly funny, but it's pushing the definition of racism a bit. Especially as the D'unbelievables, Ardal O' Hanlon do very similar stuff. The argument I can make fun of myself, but you can't is full of shit to be blunt.

All jokes have a target, and just because a joke is racist, doesn't mean its bad, or shouldn't be made.

I think there should be no boundary on jokes, never mind how distasteful, but be aware of your audience and have respect for their reactions.

Leevil I thought your picture was of zippy.

Where's the zip?!

What's ridiculous about the complaints against CT's Nana is that she is actually very accurate. I always hear semi-senile woman swearing for all its worth on the bus or in the street. What makes it funny is they don't realise how loud they are saying things as they are half-deaf. So those people are offended by reality and really should purchase a life.