Alright.

I've just spent five minutes writing out my profile, so in the ultimate act of laziness, I'll just copy and paste it.

"Hi, I'm Charles, I'm trying to think of something funny to write in this, to impress my new peers, who are probably funny (or at least think you are). Well that last sentence made me sound like a bit of dick didn't it, forget that. Now do I sound like I'm trying to hard? I think I may do. I'm almost certain I've given off a terrible impression. They say first impressions are vital and I think I'll probably be banned from this board, then from the internet and then...

You know what, f**k it. Just f**k it. I'll start again.

Hi, I'm Charles. I'm quite a young writer (I'm 19). So I'm probably terribly untalented with the potential to be barely adequate in 10-15 years time.

I'm definitely a glass half full sort of person.

I'm currently working on sitcom called "The Highly Unlikely Tales of Anthony Floater." Which I have recently got back from the wonderful Marc Blake and am in the process of changing things around. I've just started writing a radio sitcom called "7 Days Left To Live" and have a couple of ideas that haven't fruited into anything more than the incomprehensible scribbling of a madman. I've also written a few sketches...

...I'm putting a lot of effort into this, will anyone read it?"

I'm also looking for advice on writers block. I used to get all my ideas by going walking with my iPod. But my iPod has broke, so my flow of ideas have been stemmed and I have gotten fat. (due to lack of excerise, not some sort of protest).

Anyway, thank you for your time.

Hello Charles & welcome. Good luck with all your bits!

Hello Charles...and with a name like that...wowwweeeee...will you marry me!?

I'm actually a lot more working class than my name suggests. Keep in mind I'm from Stockport... famous for... Daz (that Eurovision bloke with the kids) Fred Perry (king of chavwear and tennis fella') and... 10cc were good.

I'm quite fickle...a nice name will do! :)

Quote: Charles E. Lawley @ December 13, 2007, 10:32 PM

I'm actually a lot more working class than my name suggests. Keep in mind I'm from Stockport... famous for... Daz (that Eurovision bloke with the kids) Fred Perry (king of chavwear and tennis fella') and... 10cc were good.

Stockport? Well that's not even working class.

...and I wouldn't admit to being associated with that paedo Daz.

You wouldn't be so quick to criticise Daz if you'd have seen him in his thong, like my 10 year old Nephew has.

Word.

AppleWorks.

Microsoft'sBetterThough.

I thought this was just some random words chucked in for a minute.

Evening.

Christmas salutations.

Quote: EllieJP @ December 13, 2007, 10:34 PM

I'm quite fickle...a nice name will do! :)

And a Big wallet.. and a Big....

Welcome to the forum Charles! I know what you mean I know 2 charles and they're both very common Wave

Hello, welcome to the board.