The Emperor's New Clothes Page 2

Quote: Baumski @ December 12, 2006, 11:26 AM

OK, this might be stretching the post just a bit - well, quite a lot actually - but what, for those of us who are old enough - no offence Scatterbrained Floozy - think about any of the 70's programmes like 'On The Buses', Mind Your Language' and 'Love Thy Neighbour'?

Ok, if you watch any of those 'I Love....' programmes, there's usually a lot of anti comments from a bunch of standup comics saying how embarrassed they were watching them - even though most of them weren't even born at the time.

How many thought they were pretty good or were they a case of "The Emperors New Clothes"?

I remember watching Mind Your Language when I was a kid and finding it hilarious. I've seen clips of it now and its awful. Stereotypical and unfunny.

i agree about Sasha Baron Cohen, his creations just seem stupid and one track to me, along with little britain, everyone raved about it so i bought it on dvd, piss poor, and also Jim Davidson his stand-up shows are always crap, so there my nominations for the "whats the fuss about" award 2006