Cheese Page 4

Quote: bigfella @ September 30 2011, 2:24 PM BST

More importantly who was Kent Pete?

Lordy who the hell was Britcom Barry? :D

Just had a Monterey Jack cheese omelette. YUM.

;) Lordy who was Monteray Jack?

I've just had Lancashire cheese with cherry tomato.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2011, 9:01 PM BST

cheese omelette. YUM.

Very. And cheese pancakes or crepes or whatever. Very nice. Fried cheese is heavenly. With sauted potatoes, it's pretty hard to beat.

One cheese dish I've hardly explored is baked cheese. You just don't see it much anywhere, I suppose you'd have to bake one. Need to have some more of this, as it was very interesting. But a really good Welsh rarebit is unbeatable, imo. But then pretty much all cheese cookery is unbeatable.

What's your stance on cheese powder?

i.e. Wotsits, etc.

;) Well, if you do stamp on' Wotsits' they do tend to crumble into powder.

Alf have you ever oven baked a box of camenbert? very nice with new potatos dipped in.

Quote: dellas @ September 30 2011, 9:58 PM BST

How is the hubby? Back from A & E yet?

Laughing out loud phnarr!! phhat!! You really creamed that one.

Thats what the nurse said!

I haven't but I certainly will. Cheese and potatoes are made for each other. What a combo. Oh I've had the little breaded camemberts, very nice.

Cheese powder's fine I think. Cheesey puffs are excellent. The crisps, not the BBC TV presenters.

Cheese update, had a crackerbarrell the other day for the first time in years, my, what a fine cracker cheese, one of the very princes of cracker cheeses, imo. It's square shape is perfect for crackers too and looks pretty on biccies. An ignored, ney, sneered at cheese by cheese nobs. A supremely well conceived commercial cheese.

This week had a taste for Cheshire, an all round versatile cheese, but had it with crackers. Not too sure yet what next week's cheese will be, but haven't had smoked in a while.

Had some aged red Leicster from Sainsbury last week, surprisingly cheap. And what a flavoursome nicely textured cheese it was too.

For those reluctant to enter into the world of adventure which is blue cheese I would recommend St. Agur as an excellent entry level choice.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 17 2012, 10:08 AM BST

For those reluctant to enter into the world of adventure which is blue cheese shagging I would recommend St. Agur as an excellent entry level choice.

I heard it spreads easily.

Quote: dellas @ September 30 2011, 9:58 PM BST

Alf have you ever oven baked a box of camenbert? very nice with new potatos dipped in.

One of Jamie Olivers books has a recipe for spinach and cemenbert pasta. It's delicious.

I like brie, camenbert with biscuits. Or grilled haloumi with salad and potatos. You can do a similar thing with paneer as well.

Now I want some cheese. I also have "cheese is a kind of meat" going around my head.