What are you eating? Page 728

Quote: Mirkos Mangle @ 25th May 2022, 9:33 PM

Grilled chicken and green salad

I have read all of your posts from the USA including the football one.

It is very obvious to me that you are Meghan Markle writing under a pseudonym.

Can't stop eating lemon, so I'm worried about what my body wants to tell me... Found an article at https://betterme.world/articles/craving-lemons/, it seems to me that I've simply a Vitamin C deficiency. Hope nothing serious, but I think, I should better got tested.

I knew Keith was into all sorts. Dirty begger.

The only thing I'm "eating" at the moment is a pint of homebrewed London Pride, but last week while I was in Denver I made a really nice pot roast with some Yorkshire puddings. I didn't take any photos of the meat, but it turned out great, and my two-year-old granddaughter wolfed down three puddings before I removed the rest from her sight.

I just finished seasoning and grinding almost 20 pounds of beef and pork. Tomorrow I'll add some bacteria, stuff them, and in about a month, I'll have about 10 pounds of landjaeger and chorizo.

I was going to say Swan, because they were up for grabs for a short time
But I know that's in bad taste

Quote: DaButt @ 20th September 2022, 12:03 AM

The only thing I'm "eating" at the moment is a pint of homebrewed London Pride, but last week while I was in Denver I made a really nice pot roast with some Yorkshire puddings. I didn't take any photos of the meat, but it turned out great, and my two-year-old granddaughter wolfed down three puddings before I removed the rest from her sight.

Did you have the front three near the oven door? Perhaps turn the tray around halfway through because the back three look borderline overdone although I like them that way. But I wouldn't eat the soggy ones at the front. And do you have a licence to do them over there?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th September 2022, 2:34 AM

Did you have the front three near the oven door? Perhaps turn the tray around halfway through because the back three look borderline overdone although I like them that way. But I wouldn't eat the soggy ones at the front. And do you have a licence to do them over there?

It was a bit of a shitshow, as I was cooking five different things, mashing spuds, minding a 2-year-old, and trying to clean up as I went. I forgot to put something under the pan, so when a little fat dripped out, it became a smoke alarm, screaming child, crazed cat, open-the-door-to air-out-the-place madhouse.

Then I opened another beer and ate my supper.

None of them were soggy - at least the ones I ate. My granddaughter, the bottomless pit, made sure that there weren't any left over.

Note to the authorities: All cooking was done under a special license granted by King Charles. It sounds weird saying that.

Being a Yorkshire man, I can probably speak with some authority about Yorkshire puddings.
Up here, it is traditional to have the puddings as a starter with beef gravy made from the joint.
They should also be cooked in beef dripping.
Yours are fine DaButt, I'd scoff em.

At our family Christmas dinner with two famished burly son inlaws - my wife makes 64 huge puddings and they eat the lot, well we all get 2 or 3 but they demolish the rest.

Sadly though, the tradition is dying out. At a restaurant for Sunday lunch, I asked for Yorkies for a starter and there was confusion as it wasn't on the menu.
You'd think I had asked for stuffed partridge in aspic. They did Yorkshire puddings for the main course and of course gravy but the two for starters was bordering on madness.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th September 2022, 8:22 AM

Being a Yorkshire man, I can probably speak with some authority about Yorkshire puddings.
Up here, it is traditional to have the puddings as a starter with beef gravy made from the joint.
They should also be cooked in beef dripping.
Yours are fine DaButt, I'd scoff em.

At our family Christmas dinner with two famished burly son inlaws - my wife makes 64 huge puddings and they eat the lot, well we all get 2 or 3 but they demolish the rest.

Sadly though, the tradition is dying out. At a restaurant for Sunday lunch, I asked for Yorkies for a starter and there was confusion as it wasn't on the menu.
You'd think I had asked for stuffed partridge in aspic. They did Yorkshire puddings for the main course and of course gravy but the two for starters was bordering on madness.

I used to love my Mum's Yorkshire puddings. Big in a baking tray. Nowadays they sell the little round ones, but I used to love the middle part.

I have an electric smoker on my back porch, but I've only ever used it for smoking sausage and bacon. This morning I threw on a pork butt/shoulder when I got home from work at 6 AM. Ten hours later, it's falling apart, and I'll be eating pulled pork sandwiches and tacos for a week. Good stuff!

I thought you were going to say you're going to throw it away as it's burnt and buggered.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd January 2023, 9:45 AM

I thought you were going to say you're going to throw it away as it's burnt and buggered.

That's a perfectly smoked butt, my good sir. "Bark" like that is sought after and is the sign of a nicely smoked butt or brisket.

Don't think my teeth could cope with that - I've got one fewer now than I had a the beginning of the year. And it's only the 4th January. I just hope the year doesn't carry on in a similar vein.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th January 2023, 12:53 PM

Don't think my teeth could cope with that

It was so tender that it literally fell apart.