What are you eating? Page 304

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 28 2009, 7:39 PM BST

I am working on a shop floor at the moment, and it's murder sometimes.

My daughter was doing that for $8/hr 3 years ago when she was 20. Now she's sitting in an office chair earning 3x that amount.

Easiest cookies in the world to make.

Quote: Leevil @ July 27 2009, 12:07 AM BST

I made bagels from scratch. They were awesome. :)

Do you boil the dough? Why are you always baking Leevil? Sorry, I'm not sure what you do for a living.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 28 2009, 7:45 PM BST

Do you boil the dough? Why are you always baking Leevil? Sorry, I'm not sure what you do for a living.

Prehaps he's a Baker.

Quote: DaButt @ July 28 2009, 7:43 PM BST

My daughter was doing that for $8/hr 3 years ago when she was 20. Now she's sitting in an office chair earning 3x that amount.

I don't even know what I earn yet. Unimpressed

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 28 2009, 7:45 PM BST

I did boil it. Never heard of that before I made them though.

I bake because I love cooking and food. I get great satisfaction from making and growing my own stuff. I'm also veggie and find it easier to make it myself, rather than having to search for decent pre-made food.

I don't do anything for a living at the moment. Well, apart from writing, but I'm not making any money off that. :(

Quote: Gavin @ July 28 2009, 7:46 PM BST

Prehaps he's a Baker.

:) I thought that, but wouldn't be baking bagels from scratch a bit easy then?

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 7:48 PM BST

I did boil it. Never heard of that before I made them though.

I bake because I love cooking and food. I get great satisfaction from making and growing my own stuff. I'm also veggie and find it easier to make it myself, rather than having to search for decent pre-made food.

I don't do anything for a living at the moment. Well, apart from writing, but I'm not making any money off that. :(

Ah. Have you tried sourdough yet? I'm going to make some this week.

And have you ever tried tatty scones? They are beautiful. Lovely with a poached egg and some aspargus to dip in the egg (if you're a veggie).

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 28 2009, 7:47 PM BST

I don't even know what I earn yet. Unimpressed

What have you got yourself into? :O

Well minimum wage is £4.77 an hour, and I trust my direct boss. Pleased

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 28 2009, 8:09 PM BST

Well minimum wage is £4.77 an hour, and I trust my direct boss. Pleased

It would be 4.7 something. Unimpressed

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 28 2009, 7:49 PM BST

Ah. Have you tried sourdough yet? I'm going to make some this week.

Not yet, but it's on the list somewhere.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 28 2009, 7:49 PM BST

And have you ever tried tatty scones? They are beautiful. Lovely with a poached egg and some aspargus to dip in the egg (if you're a veggie).

Probably? Pleased It does sound good though.

I'm going to make English Muffins next.

I'm using this book if you're interested :) - See Amazon product listing

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 28 2009, 8:09 PM BST

Well minimum wage is £4.77 an hour

Google says that's $7.83. Ours is $7.25, you posh bastards! Angry

But you didn't agree on a wage before you accepted the job? What if they pay you in party hats and noisemakers?

I don't see many jobs paying minimum wage around here, but it may be changing with the economic downturn. Places like McDonald's and supermarkets usually advertise starting pay at about $9.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 8:14 PM BST

I'm using this book if you're interested :) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegan-Brunch-Isa-Chandra-Moskowitz/dp/0738212725

Leeeeeeeeeeevil, does 'vegan' mean no milk?

(I know, dumb question.)

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2009, 8:18 PM BST

Leeeeeeeeeeevil, does 'vegan' mean no milk?

(I know, dumb question.)

No dairy products, so yes. But there are plenty of alternatives. I'm not vegan, but my girlfriend is.

So if I bought something vegan in a shop it would definitely have no dairy in it?