Once Upon A Time In Peckham! YOU DECIDE!

I see in the papers today a story about an Only Fools & Horses prequel called Once Upon A Time In Peckham. The show is supposedly about Del Boy's early life, and David Jason is meant to be appearing himself, as Grandad. John Sullivan said he is working on it in a interview, so what are your veiws? Is it best left alone or is it a good idea? YOU DECIDE! (I think it could be a good idea.) As I said, YOU DECIDE! :)

I wish they would lay OFAH to rest. They flogged the show to death, then gave us the crappy Green Green Grass spin off and now a prequel. Whoop-dee-f**king-doo

Didn't John Sullivan learn anything from the last time he tried skin the same cat. It didn't work. The jokes weren't original and it's time to move on. in the name of God, this is a dead sitcom, it has ceased to be etc, etc, etc.

There have long been rumours of this show, so I'd question whether this particular story is actually that new. I, personally, quite like The Green Green Grass, but I agree with others that this one may be pushing it a bit.

I've also heard word that David Jason often refuses to allow permission for programmes to broadcast OFAH clips, for fear of only being remembered as Del Boy (a bit late for that, IMO), so I'm really not sure what to make of that aspect of the report.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what - if anything - comes of it all.

only fools and horses went on 5 years too long as it was, the green green grass was a let down and it's best left well alone!

:O

Oh no! The thought of that series really worries me. I loved OFAH but it went on too long and I feel that they are just not gonna let it lie.

However, I would still be tempted to watch it. Also, there isn't much David Jason has done that is crap.

Quote: lewisroberts @ November 29, 2006, 12:23 PM

David Jason is meant to be appearing himself, as grandad,

I remember granddad being a bit taller the DJ, perhaps he good on stilts

And somewhat thinner too.