Benicon

Benicon, the first ever Benidorm convention, finished yesterday, but from the pictures I've seen it was great.

I'm hoping this new interest Benidorm has had from the Netflix audience may mean a new series or at least a one-off christmas special bringing back together the most popular characters from the show.

Is a comeback for the show wanted on here by any chance?

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1699642/benidorm-season-11-return

Wow! I've just heard that a comeback has been teased at Benicon

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/benidorm-stars-confirm-new-series-28552344

Oddly enough, Benidorm was the only comedy my whole family would watch terrestrial TV together for. I'm the only one into old fashioned comedy (I'm in my early 50s and it reminded me of watching OFAH, Dad's Army etc...). My kids have since got me into Inside No. 9, Tik Tok and Instagram. They're trying to modernise me and I'm outnumbered. Out of interest what was the demographic attending Benicom?

From the press coverage, I've seen of Benicon the demographic really is all ages.

Apparently, since Benidorm was put on Netflix a few years ago a lot of teens and young children have fell in love with the show.

I'd say if it came back with as many of the early characters then it would be a huge hit again, hopefully Madge and the Garveys would be the main characters again followed by Kenneth and co in the salon as well as Mateo, Les, Joyce and Janey and Noreen and Jaqculine then i think most people would be happy.

Was the convention in Benidorm?

Yeah, it was in Benidorm. Hosted by Derren Litten creator of the show many of the cast were reunited

Madge and the Garveys would make great central rolls, but isn't the idea that it's an ensemble comedy, big cast and big cost ? Plus wouldn't Steve Pemberton be too expensive to entice back ?

That's true, it's an ensemble comedy something we don't see very often now, but most ensemble comedy programmes have a spearhead really. Yes, he's maybe the biggest star from it now to be honest.

Well I reckon Derren has to try and resurrect Benidorm, everything else he's done since has flopped.
Scarborough really suffered from bad casting in its leads Jason Mansford and Catherine Tyldesley. Dunno what he was thinking and the storylines were a bit too twee.
The Spa I frankly don't remember watching at all even though I actually did. Maybe time to give it another go around.

I thought Stephanie Cole and Maggie Ollerenshaw were great in Scarborough.

I hope Benidorm returns, it's a great show.

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd November 2022, 3:24 PM

Oddly enough, Benidorm was the only comedy my whole family would watch terrestrial TV together for. I'm the only one into old fashioned comedy (I'm in my early 50s and it reminded me of watching OFAH, Dad's Army etc...). My kids have since got me into Inside No. 9, They're trying to modernise me and I'm outnumbered. Out of interest what was the demographic attending Benicom?

"Tik Tok and Instagram" - resist with all your might sir, resist!