Mock The Week - Series 21 (the final series)

It's coming in autumn, but...

It'll be the final series. Reading this I realised it's been a few years since I've even watched it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6965/mock-the-week-to-end/

Really disappointed by this decision as I feel the show has been much stronger in the past two years than in about the previous decade, with a solid rotation of very talented players.

Hope Dave or similar pick it up.

I agree. It's a shame.

Channel 4 to be scrapped . Mash Report moved to Dave and now Mock the Week to go . No criticism of government allowed . It's a definite trend.

I must have cancelled the post instead of posting last night as I was sure I replied to Aaron, ha.

Anyway, I posted (so I thought) yesterday that I had a look at the wiki and the guests that had been on in the last few years I hadn't watched, and it was a decent bunch + a decent amount of newer acts I'd not recognised the name of.

I'll definitely jump back in for the final series since there's more of a rotation now there's only 1 permanent panellist left.

And yeah Jaicee, a definite pattern. These shows also went for labour but with tories in very high positions in BBC, it seems likely. Channel 4 sale is egregious too, gov claiming it's so they can be more profitable when C4 is also pretty successful, it smacks of an ideological move by Nadine Dorries.

Solid return for the show last night. I noticed that Dara at one point remarked that the show's only got "four more weeks on the air", or something like that, which going off the BCG episode guide, makes sense; the last proper episode, before the two specials, is set for 21st Oct. It doesn't seem they're making up the episode lost due to the Queen's death, then; a shame, as five episodes doesn't really feel right for a farewell series.

Watched 5 minutes and wasn't impressed, which reminded me why I stopped watching it about 5 years ago.

Quote: octothorpe @ 24th September 2022, 2:38 PM

Solid return for the show last night. I noticed that Dara at one point remarked that the show's only got "four more weeks on the air", or something like that, which going off the BCG episode guide, makes sense; the last proper episode, before the two specials, is set for 21st Oct. It doesn't seem they're making up the episode lost due to the Queen's death, then; a shame, as five episodes doesn't really feel right for a farewell series.

Yeah, not sure any topical series on any channel has had its end date extended - they've all completely lost an episode or two from their runs.

Have enjoyed the past couple compilation episodes of series gone by; this meant I was just introduced to Monsoon Poultry Hospital, the clips they chose being the funniest thing I've seen for quite some time! All tonight's episode, focused on the later series, was missing was Ed Byrne's infamous "bin" joke, and felt the clip right at the end about how satire was basically dead was a very shrewd thing to choose to end on.