Here We Go Page 2

I agree. She keeps getting ropey parts.

Couldn't bear it. Writers lucky enough to get easy commissions, please get over your obsession with The Office. Please.
It's over 20 years since Gervais's mockcom aired and still we are seeing base copies of it. What the overcrowded family sitcom genre could possibly add to this tired trend I cannot even begin to see.

There is zero believability in the actual filming by their son. If he used the camera he holds in that picture then it would be shaky and unwatchable like 28 Days was, the sound would be nothing like as clear and constant as it is and the light would be too dim inside with some outside shots too bright. The other big question is why film your family every waking hour of the day? The semi believability of this only worked once, on The Office's first showing. It was at least half of the joke. Now there is no joke in the mockumentary format.

I like it. Great cast. A very entertaining half hour. Basden's the boy to watch as he's quietly building a reputation as a top notcher.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th May 2022, 2:48 AM

What the overcrowded family sitcom genre could possibly add to this tired trend I cannot even begin to see.

Or vice versa!

Glad I'm not alone. It's rubbish.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd May 2022, 8:52 PM

I agree. She keeps getting ropey parts.

She doesn't have to take them. Maybe she's trying to make her own statement on the poor quality of most current sitcoms by showing what the top acting talent are reduced to getting now.

Quote: Feeoree @ 22nd May 2022, 2:01 PM

While I wasn't wowed, I feel like I've enjoyed it more than everyone here.

Enjoyed it enough to hope it gets a 2nd series, anyway!

Well, it's got its 2nd series to hopefully improve on the first... And a 3rd series!

Thought there could have been a 2nd, surprise it's a double re-commission.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7193/here-we-go-series-2-3-coming/

I hate these Sitcom titles that give no hint of what they're about. I kind of remember watching it but can't remember what it was about.

Series 2 filming. 7 episodes? Has it got a Christmas special too?

That said, series have had 7 episodes before without one being a special.

Wondered since it started out as a pilot that aired over Christmas.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/fyi/347/here-we-go-series-2-filming/

Probably I've mentioned this before but the title means nothing. Why couldn't they have come up with something more informative of its content?

I had to look at the image at the top to remember what this was.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th September 2023, 3:37 PM

Probably I've mentioned this before but the title means nothing. Why couldn't they have come up with something more informative of its content?

I had to look at the image at the top to remember what this was.

The pilot's title 'Pandemonium' didn't describe the show either, but at least that was a sort-of play on the word pandemic.

Here We Go Again (another tediously unfunny BBC sitcom)

The earwigs were playing the spiders in the 1st round of the cup.

In the 89th minute, with the earwigs losing 1-0, they brought on a substitute. Unfortunately he didn't have his proper shirt available and had to wear one with no name and just an "O" on the back.

He miraculously scored two 90th minute goals and the earwigs won 2-1. The crowd went wild and at the final whistle could be heard chanting the name of "Earwig O".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 19th September 2023, 2:13 PM

The earwigs were playing the spiders in the 1st round of the cup.

In the 89th minute, with the earwigs losing 1-0, they brought on a substitute. Unfortunately he didn't have his proper shirt available and had to wear one with no name and just an "O" on the back.

He miraculously scored two 90th minute goals and the earwigs won 2-1. The crowd went wild and at the final whistle could be heard chanting the name of "Earwig O".

Shouldn't this be on the Music Hall thread?

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th September 2023, 12:19 PM

Here We Go Again (another tediously unfunny BBC sitcom)

Don't think so - it wasn't that bad, and there are FAR WORSE - Mrs Brown for eg