Blue Murder At St. Trinian's

This was on BBC2 this afternoon - classic hilarious British film - LOVE IT!

George Cole as Flash Harry (perfect!) with his jangly piano theme tune and Joyce Grenfell as Sgt. Ruby Gates still trying to get the Superintendent to commit to a wedding date - so very, very, very funny

I agree Herc, a delightful film.

I agree too.

Forgot to mention the hilarious Terry-Thomas trying to chat up Joyce when he realised she had a nest-egg coming from her grandmother, one day - so funny the two of them as he went through his seduction technique on the dance floor and with drinks/violinist at the table in the Italian bistro, and JG being flattered and squirming, not knowing where to put herself.

Such comic talent. I love the two of them!!

There was one other thing I meant to mention with regards to this film, and that was the appearance of Sabrina as the very attractive silent swot who is seen in a bed reading up on school subjects as searching policemen hover around her. I remember her coming to open the first then trendy coffee bar in the town centre and all the hoo-ha that attracted in the press.

She had everything at one time, and it was of all people Arthur Askey who helped her into the limelight in his 1950s television show.
She then went to Hollywood, but never fulfilled her dreams and finished up as a very ill derelict in a virtual slum on hand outs and help from the few friends she had. She died in squalor in 2016, in Hollywood of blood poisoning.

Lovely bubbly girl, reduced to that - what a tragic end.

She occasionally got a passing mention in the likes of Hancock's Half Hour and The Goon Show.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th April 2022, 10:34 AM

She occasionally got a passing mention in the likes of Hancock's Half Hour and The Goon Show.

Er yes, the "mention" being what she was carrying up front.