SOPRANO'S SITCOM SPIN OFF

Now that the final episode of 'The Sopranos'has been broadcast (apologies to US readers, it only finised on Sunday over here in Brit-land) I think there should be a spin-off.

This being a comedy site, let's hear suggestions for a sitcom filmed in front of live studio audience.

I'll start the ball rolling...

How about Paulie Walnuts and Anthony Jr. moving to L.A. (see 'Joey' from 'Friends') to live together in a condo.

We follow their dysfunctional relationship as A.J. attempts to become a producer, hampered by Uncle Paulie's constant attempts to shake-down studio bosses.

It's a winner.

Any other ideas?

Joe enters the situation and is ritualistically killed by mobsters.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Did you know that the actor who plays the gay mobster killed in the last series is selling his own line of pool cues now?

Ha ha, very funny, right?

Take a look....

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/12/04/sopranos-actor-launches-his-own-line-of-pool-sticks/

i would love to take part in this thread but i've not seen the second half of the last series yet and i'm waiting for the box set. i am desperately trying to not find out what happens.

SPOILERS WARNING: I can't guarantee what I've given away so *REALLY* don't read this if you haven't seen right up until the end of the show.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Prima Donna
Paulie Walnuts moves into the witness protection programme in constantly-frozen Chicago and starts collecting for Cancer Research with menaces.

Contraltos
Janice takes to the streets, first teaching Bobby Jr to be a card sharp and working her way up to the 'long con', with the assistance of Richard Vranch on the piano. Guest appearances from Mickey Bricks, Danny Blue and Robert Vaughan.

Tenners
It turns out Big Pussy managed to fake his own death by switching the bullets in everybody's guns in his death scene. Falling off the boat, he doggy-paddles to The City of England and tries his best to fake a darn sarf accent. We follow his exploits selling big comedy hats with the Union Jack on them from an illegal street stall eventually ending up in a big shoot-off for territory with Del and Rodney Trotter.

Mezzo Sopranos
We switch into a parallel, concurrent world of The Sopranos for a sitcom starring Paulie Walnuts and Christopher Moltasanti as they run an under-underworld uber-business of providing sub-standard mezzanine floors to businesses in the Noo Joisey CBD. With Hilarious Consequences (TM).

Counter-Terrors
Corrado 'Junior' Soprano gets his mind back completely with the help of Robin Williams and some crazy new drug. His new singing and dancing routines bring all the young women to him and Hugh Hefner, alone and with the biggest balls, puts out a hit on him. Junior calls in what's left of the Soprano family to sort him out. Hilarity ensues.

What The F**k?
'Gordon Ramsay Noo Joisey' is built opposite 'Nuovo Vesuvio' and immediately Artie Bucko feels the stress and strains of his wife. He takes on Gordon in a swear-off, resulting in a real kitchen nightmare involving the two chefs and a variety of kitchen knives. Gordon tells Artie how it is, so Artie brings him to Paulie Walnuts. In a chicken chausseur sauce on a bed of foie gras. Rustic.

The 'The Sopranos' Sopranos
Carmela and Meadow enter a reality TV Show to become sopranos at the opera. Due to their name, connections and sheer malevolence they win.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 1, 2007, 12:36 PM

SPOILERS WARNING: I can't guarantee what I've given away so *REALLY* don't read this if you haven't seen right up until the end of the show.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Prima Donna
Paulie Walnuts moves into the witness protection programme in constantly-frozen Chicago and starts collecting for Cancer Research with menaces.

Contraltos
Janice takes to the streets, first teaching Bobby Jr to be a card sharp and working her way up to the 'long con', with the assistance of Richard Vranch on the piano. Guest appearances from Mickey Bricks, Danny Blue and Robert Vaughan.

Tenners
It turns out Big Pussy managed to fake his own death by switching the bullets in everybody's guns in his death scene. Falling off the boat, he doggy-paddles to The City of England and tries his best to fake a darn sarf accent. We follow his exploits selling big comedy hats with the Union Jack on them from an illegal street stall eventually ending up in a big shoot-off for territory with Del and Rodney Trotter.

Mezzo Sopranos
We switch into a parallel, concurrent world of The Sopranos for a sitcom starring Paulie Walnuts and Christopher Moltasanti as they run an under-underworld uber-business of providing sub-standard mezzanine floors to businesses in the Noo Joisey CBD. With Hilarious Consequences (TM).

Counter-Terrors
Corrado 'Junior' Soprano gets his mind back completely with the help of Robin Williams and some crazy new drug. His new singing and dancing routines bring all the young women to him and Hugh Hefner, alone and with the biggest balls, puts out a hit on him. Junior calls in what's left of the Soprano family to sort him out. Hilarity ensues.

What The F**k?
'Gordon Ramsay Noo Joisey' is built opposite 'Nuovo Vesuvio' and immediately Artie Bucko feels the stress and strains of his wife. He takes on Gordon in a swear-off, resulting in a real kitchen nightmare involving the two chefs and a variety of kitchen knives. Gordon tells Artie how it is, so Artie brings him to Paulie Walnuts. In a chicken chausseur sauce on a bed of foie gras. Rustic.

The 'The Sopranos' Sopranos
Carmela and Meadow enter a reality TV Show to become sopranos at the opera. Due to their name, connections and sheer malevolence they win.

Dan

Good work there, old chap, excellent ideas.

I AM INCLUDING MY OWN SPOILER WARNING NOW FOR THOSE WHO'VE NOT SEEN THE VERY FINAL EPISODE OF 'THE SOPRANOS'...

I CAN REVEAL...

IN THE FINAL EPISODE...

TONY & CARMELLA RENOUNCE THEIR SOCIOPATHIC AND SOMETIMES BOURGEOIS LIFE-STYLES, GIVE AWAY ALL THEIR POSSESSIONS TO THE N.C.C.A. (?) AND BECOME MISSIONARIES IN SOMALIA WORKING ON A 'GUNS-FOR-FOOD' UN-APPROVED PROGRAMME.

A.J. PAYS UNCLE PAULIE TO WHACK HIM (IN ANOTHER SUICIDAL STATE), DESPITE HAVING THE BEST PIECES OF ASS ON OFFER TO MAN IN THE WHOLE SERIES. HE GIVES THE CONTRACT TO UNCLE PAULIE, WHO REFUSES TO WHACK HIM BECAUSE HE CAN'T AFFORD THE PAYMENTS, PREFERRING INSTEAD TO BREAK A BONE EACH WEEK UNTIL A.J.'S DEAD.

JANICE RETRIEVES RALPH'S BURIED HEAD AND ATTACHES IT TO BOBBY'S NECK. IN A FRANKENSTEIN MADNESS SHE AIMS TO RE-ANIMATE THE BODY TO CREATE THE WORLD'S WITTIEST/SADO-MASOCHISTIC/DUMB AND FAT MOBSTER.

JUNIOR WAS ALWAYS FAKING IT...

MEADOW CHANGES HER MIND ABOUT CAREERS YET AGAIN (OK THAT'S NOT REALLY A SPOILER, IT HAPPENED EVERY EPSIODE)

DR MELFI REALISES SHE NEVER TREATED TONY, IT WAS ALL A SEXUALLY-PROJECTED DREAM ON HER PART.

ADRIANNA WAS NEVER KILLED AND TO THIS DAY IS STILL SCRAMBLING AROUND ON ALL FOURS IN A FOREST LOOKING FOR SHELTER AND COCAINE.

X

To paraphrase Dr Melphi (sic?), " Tim, you're reaching..."

When will the DVD of 'Cleaver' be out, by the way?

Spats
Vito Spatafore is resurrected by some of Artie's home-made bolognese sauce and returns to inflict panic and hysteria through the Turnpike area with his gay zombie mafia dancing.

'King Ralphie
'F**kin' Ralph' returns as the smart-ass wiseguy as it turns out he too was in the Witness Protection Programme, like everyone else who 'died' in the series. They all moved out to the same village and start their own little Cosa Nostra where Ralph is head honcho. Bruce Parry comes to live with them to see what life is like on the foccacia-line.

Adrianna's Wall
Adrianne finds herself stuck in a purgatory between Mafia Heaven and Hell of four invisible walls with no coke in sight, having to live out eternity as some sort of metaphysical mime act.