Thank you Aaron, and welcome back everyone...

.........................well, most of you.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th January 2022, 12:23 AM

.........................well, most of you.

I was recently banned from the only other forum that I frequented, so unless I croak from Covid (waiting for PCR results from yesterday) you won't be getting rid of me that easily. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 20th January 2022, 12:33 AM

I was recently banned from the only other forum that I frequented, so unless I croak from Covid (waiting for PCR results from yesterday) you won't be getting rid of me that easily. ;)

The "most of you" certainly didn't apply to you DaButt...........my favorite (note Yank spelling ?) American on this forum.

It's f**king awesome this place is back.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 20th January 2022, 5:12 PM

It's f**king awesome this place is back.

Yes! Despite the text on here that said 'the forum WILL be back', I became more doubtful with each passing day, so it was nice when it was.

I see that Michael used blue language. I thought the forum used to automatically censor swearing, lest young impressionable minds saw it? If so, that's different!

Quote: a plate @ 21st January 2022, 1:01 AM

Y
I see that Michael used blue language. I thought the forum used to automatically censor swearing, lest young impressionable minds saw it? If so, that's different!

It used to be only if you were not logged on.

Quote: a plate @ 21st January 2022, 1:01 AM

Oh yes. That's a setting in your user account, to censor or not. But I've forgotten to implement it. Is anyone bothered if it doesn't return?

I couldn't give a f%£ either way.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st January 2022, 10:22 AM

Oh yes. That's a setting in your user account, to censor or not. But I've forgotten to implement it. Is anyone bothered if it doesn't return?

As long as you restore PMs ASAP, I am happy either way.

Am I right in thinking it was censored **** if you were not logged on? That is, protecting the innocent casual viewer.

The GO button seems to choose a random forum as its default go-to.

Can we have "Active threads" back please?

Quote: billwill @ 21st January 2022, 11:10 AM

Can we have "Active threads" back please?

Yes, "Active Threads", that was it - well done Bill

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/36483/

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st January 2022, 11:03 AM

As long as you restore PMs ASAP, I am happy either way.

Am I right in thinking it was censored **** if you were not logged on? That is, protecting the innocent casual viewer.

Yes, it was active by default for anonymous visitors.

Quote: billwill @ 21st January 2022, 11:10 AM

The pre-selected option should always be the forum you're currently in. If you see otherwise, please send me a link by way of example and I'll look into it.

My posts get censored automatically, but I've never seen the point of this kinda thing. 'Ah, I thought he meant, You funking walker. Don't spoil the magic.'
Last week I did a show and afterwards this guy came up to me and went, 'Me and my mate think you're a f..king c...'. I was so shocked. Cos it's 'My mate and I'.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st January 2022, 11:25 AM

Yes, "Active Threads", that was it - well done Bill

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/36483/

That's been there all along.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st January 2022, 11:28 AM

Yes, it was active by default for anonymous visitors.

The pre-selected option should always be the forum you're currently in. If you see otherwise, please send me a link by way of example and I'll look into it.

It is (i see that now), but that is not very useful because it changes to the forum that the message was originally posted into, but the really USEFUL option as on the old forum software would be if it defaulted to Active threads or if you wish, to the selected pseudo-forum from which we came. This will usually be "Active Threads".