Yes, it's been nagging me...

...........as to what is missing, and it's that on the old forum, when you logged on, you were presented with a page of the latest posts, in date order.

Whereas now, there's just the "old" forum menu, and you have to wade through each to find new posts, which is a bit of a pain.

Oh dear......... ☹

I think you're referring to the active threads page. As with search, this is available via the jumper menu at the bottom of each page, and remains at the same URL it always has:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/active/

Quote: Aaron @ 21st January 2022, 11:29 AM

I think you're referring to the active threads page. As with search, this is available via the jumper menu at the bottom of each page, and remains at the same URL it always has:

Thank you for that - saves a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth; however, I'm sure it was always the default page when you logged on, and not have to search for it via the jumper menu.

I don't think anyone will realise that, and it will piss them off if they've got to do that each time.

Life was so simple in the olden days. ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st January 2022, 12:05 PM

I'm sure it was always the default page when you logged on, and not have to search for it via the jumper menu.

Afraid not! The forum list/index/overview, whatever you want to call it, has and always will be the default.

As noted when you enquired about search a couple of days ago, we're going to look at a new menu to easily flag them out, now we know it's too hidden for some to find.

In the meantime, do feel free to bookmark the page so you don't have to "hunt" for it in any fashion!

Quote: Aaron @ 21st January 2022, 11:29 AM

PS Yes, just logged off and back on again and it goes to the Forum and not Active Threads page, which is definitely not what it was like before, I'm afraid.

This is the original default page, which as you can see, went to "Active" and not Forum

Quote: Aaron @ 21st January 2022, 12:11 PM

Afraid not! The forum list/index/overview, whatever you want to call it, has and always will be the default.

As noted when you enquired about search a couple of days ago, we're going to look at a new menu to easily flag them out, now we know it's too hidden for some to find.

In the meantime, do feel free to bookmark the page so you don't have to "hunt" for it in any fashion!

OK, OK, I'm not fully IT savvy and didn't know what a bookmark was, so how I finished up with a BCG Active default page, I don't know, but all is well with the world now.................I think, so knickers untwisted - carry on pimping the site Mr Aaron, thank you once again for holding my hand and leading me to the path of righteousness.

Give us back our PMs, and all will be right on planet BCG. ?

It's not immediate but I promise on its way!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st January 2022, 12:05 PM

Thank you for that - saves a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth; however, I'm sure it was always the default page when you logged on, and not have to search for it via the jumper menu.

I don't think anyone will realise that, and it will piss them off if they've got to do that each time.

Life was so simple in the olden days. ?

Herc, its not the "default page when logged on" but you obviously get to the BCG forum via a bookmark or save link which happens to be the URL for the "Active Threads" pseudo-forum. So it used to have the effect you described

Quote: billwill @ 21st January 2022, 6:06 PM

Herc, its not the "default page when logged on" but you obviously get to the BCG forum via a bookmark or save link which happens to be the URL for the "Active Threads" pseudo-forum. So it used to have the effect you described

Can you translate that into English please.