Vintage adverts Page 37

Typhoo is used to be 1/9 per quarter.
That's imprinted in my brain because I was sent to the shop nearly every day.

Should have bought. ½ lb - saved your legs.

I think it was my mother's way of getting me out of the house.

Harmless arsenic anybody?

It's French! It must be safe.

You'll be the healthiest looking corpse in the funeral parlor.

Do you see this as a money-making proposition?
No snap judgements, please.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 1st September 2022, 10:00 AM

Do you see this as a money-making proposition?
No snap judgements, please.

Is that from Old Trafford?

I thought the Glazers installed windows?

No such deception nowadays. In the 21st century, you can't even get a date without first texting him pics of everything you've got.

"... and I also told her she should stop mowing the lawn every week. Once a fortnight'll be just fine, I said."

My friends on this BCG forum and others, have persuaded me to post again on this thread.

I had to correct one person on this forum, saying that they are not my threads. I started them, yes, but it's open to anyone to post material, as long as it's not mine reposted and recaptioned.

6/11 ("Six and Eleven") Six shillings and eleven pence, c. 35p THEN, now c. £4.32, which is not bad, when you think about it, BUT one now MIB would set you back about £75 - not a bad investment, IF you'd had the foresight., which some did....................not me.

EDIT: Forgot to say, this is from 1968

1925............2½p for 10!

Today (according to Google), a good quality 10-terabyte hard disk can be ours for £170 or $200.
My maths isn't always the greatest, but I think that means that byte for byte when this advert came out, hard drives cost almost 17 MILLION times more than they do today.

"Dear Mum, immediately upon our return from the church, I was presented with a giant, breathtaking package. But not the one I was expecting."