Pulp - Common People
Flaming Lips - Do you realise?
Lana Del Rey - Off to the Races
Pixies - Where is my mind
Leonard Cohen - First We Take Manhattan
Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay
Inspiral Carpets - This is how it feels

Book - Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger

And I'd nick Herc's telescope as my luxury item.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th June 2021, 6:43 AM

Pixies - Where is my mind.

Choooooooooooooooon

Maybe it should be renamed Desert Island MP3's

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th June 2021, 6:02 PM

Choooooooooooooooon

I saw Pixies at Glasgow Bandstand in 2018 (I think) and they opened with 'Where is My Mind' - I think it's great when bands get their most well-known songs 'out of the way' rather than building up to them. When I saw Hozier at Barrowlands, he couldn't have built up to 'Take Me to Church' more, which was a bit irritating if I'm honest, as well as pandering to the people who are clearly only there to hear one song. Sorry to drop a couple of clangers there.

Quote: EllieS @ 5th June 2021, 10:59 AM

I saw Pixies at Glasgow Bandstand in 2018 (I think) and they opened with 'Where is My Mind' - I think it's great when bands get their most well-known songs 'out of the way' rather than building up to them.

Maybe 2017?

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th June 2021, 11:28 AM

Maybe 2017?

Yep, probably was 2017, now I think about it - it was the summer before my masters and I was in this weird play at the Fringe around the same time. The Bandstand is an incredible venue, if you haven't been - highly recommended.

Just so I don't get off-topic'd - one of mine would be All Along the Watchtower by The Jimi Hendrix Experience (sorry, Bob), but I won't tell you the rest. Radio 4 did a twitter thing last year asking people to pick their 8 discs, but I didn't fall for it. Nice try...

Quote: EllieS @ 5th June 2021, 10:59 AM

I saw Pixies at Glasgow Bandstand in 2018 (I think) and they opened with 'Where is My Mind' - I think it's great when bands get their most well-known songs 'out of the way' rather than building up to them. .

It's a risky strategy if the rest of their songs are shit. They've pretty much pissed away the only reason anyone has for staying. Not that Pixies would have that problem, but some artists aren't quite as blessed.