Not Going Out - Series 11

Anybody go to Pinewood last night for the socially distanced record?

If so what was it like?

What did you think of the first episode? I appreciate that is was made under what must have been extraordinarily difficult circumstances, but I thought the plot was trite.

That said it's always nice to see Tony Gardner and I laughed quite a few times.

A lie that gets bigger. Yes - very excruciating.

Maybe it's because of the presence of Lee Mack, but with him running between houses all the time, it felt like he had brought a bit of Semi Detached into it. Intentional on Mack's part perhaps?

Thought the episode was good still, the plot/structure felt a bit off but did enjoy the escalation of the cringe and some great dialogue!

Yes, plot felt slightly forced, but I laughed all the same and greatly the episode as a whole.

Special ep. was so much better (speaking in a circle before midnight)

I have to say, I really hate Anna and Toby. Watching two characters who loathe each other and hearing how abusive Anna is to Toby is neither funny nor endearing. And sadly it seems to have rubbed off on Lee and Lucy. Not Going Out now is half an hour of people cruelly sniping at each other.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 15th January 2021, 10:05 PM

I have to say, I really hate Anna and Toby. Watching two characters who loathe each other and hearing how abusive Anna is to Toby is neither funny nor endearing. And sadly it seems to have rubbed off on Lee and Lucy. Not Going Out now is half an hour of people cruelly sniping at each other.

Have you never been married?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th January 2021, 12:13 PM

Have you never been married?

But why do they stay together? Why would Toby, a successful Doctor, stay with an abuser? We never seen one moment of love, hell, even friendship between them. They're one note characters.

This season has been quite good

Not as good as My Family though

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th January 2021, 6:41 PM

This season has been quite good

Angelic

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th January 2021, 6:41 PM

Nothing is as good as that, it seems. Sacrosanct.

e2 with quiz/anniversary was witty, it's good to have good things that last, - something to look forward to.

I enjoyed it more this week. Great, and slightly scary, prosthetic.

Hilarious ending. I was properly cackling. Wonderful.