Do we have any actors on the board?

Just been nosey, anyone starred (or just appeared) in anything?

I think I'd be in demand, fat Yorkshire men with piercing blue eyes and a skinhead are in short supply. I haven't acted since Primary school, but looking at the cast of most soaps these days, talent isn't a pre-requisite for being an actor.

Reminds me of a funny story. Last Christmas I was walking out to my car when a lady who lives round the corner walked past. She smiled and said "Hi" and then added "We saw you on the telly last night". I was a bit puzzled, "Me?". "Yeah ..", she said, ".. on the fast show". I said "That wasn't me". She looked a bit surprised and then replied "Oh right, we thought it was you, because you do that advert, don't you?". "No". She mumbled something and walked off quickly. She's never looked me in the face since.

Quote: Rick Skelton @ October 24, 2007, 3:55 PM

J

I think I'd be in demand, fat Yorkshire men with piercing blue eyes and a skinhead are in short supply.

They're running the Post Office now aren't they?

I just starred in a chase sequence with a baillif...

...and am 'appearing' next week... :(

Hi Rick, my most recent exploit is recorded here https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/3094 so I won't repeat it all! The word 'appeared' is a bit premature since the movie won't come out until next year ... also the chances of being spotted amongst a grillion other extras is a bit unlikely ... nevertheless it was good fun!

Just been nosey, anyone starred (or just appeared) in anything?

revilo?

I tied up Chris Tarrant once on a little known show called Tiswas.

I did it everso well, we'd just done knots at Brownies! :)

Vincent Davies ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204020/ )

Ryan Sampson ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1528442/ )

Have been know to drop in from time to time.

I originally trained as an actor, being involved in perfroming arts from an early age (pushy mother) and ended up as a performance artist at the end which didn't thrill the mothership so much. If you want more informantion on things like courses, agencies, and stuff Rick, give me a PM. Also Dave Short from the Junkmales is a professional actor.

Reminds me of a funny story. Last Christmas I was walking out to my car when a lady who lives round the corner walked past. She smiled and said "Hi" and then added "We saw you on the telly last night". I was a bit puzzled, "Me?". "Yeah ..", she said, ".. on the fast show". I said "That wasn't me". She looked a bit surprised and then replied "Oh right, we thought it was you, because you do that advert, don't you?". "No". She mumbled something and walked off quickly. She's never looked me in the face since.

Has it occurred to you she may have been chatting you up?

Quote: Aaron @ October 24, 2007, 6:30 PM

revilo?

SHHHH! Rolling eyes

I seem to remember Charley Rance saying that she has trodden the boards, though I expect it all went pear-shaped when she ad-libbed a few anyhoos, fankoos and talk about her delicate areas into a performance of King Lear.

Lear? You bet they did.

At school I was picked to play Joseph at the big church nativity play but I bottled it and never showed up. The following year I was demoted to a Shepherd.

Ohh, I didn't even think about that. Well yeah, if we're taking school into account, I did a lot of acting. And was a member of a small drama group outside school for... I dunno, many years.

Never anything professionally though.

I would quite literally rather die of the pox than get up on a stage and ask people to watch and listen to me.

Quote: Badge @ October 25, 2007, 12:21 AM

I seem to remember Charley Rance saying that she has trodden the boards.

Don't I know it. Just after I said how much I despise and hate actors she says 'i'm an actor' doh!