Comedy Lab Page 2

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 27, 2007, 6:36 PM

Yeah, be less sensitive you piles of diseased excrement.

Exactly! :)

God those two Comedy Labs last night where the biggest, stinking piles of shite I've seen in a long long while. The second one Swizzcall..man, words can't even describe how bad it was.

Made up words can:

Floogle drim snit vlarg kangler rout.

Yes, I have to agree. I think I laughed maybe two-three times at most during the first show. The second show wasn't so bad, but still extremely awful, but I do feel that sort of format has potential if done right (and that pilot was anything but done right). I appreciate that Channel 4 are trying new things but few of these shows looked worth picking up.

I thought the "Blowout" sketch show was pretty decent. Good to see Greg McHugh's tank commander character getting another run out. For those who haven't seen the longer version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DDVxQEr4Y

...it's very good.

Bo.

The best Comedy Lab was the Doug Stanhope one, the Martin Freeman one was okay I suppose but the rest really did nothing for me or in the case of last nights were just complete shite. How can you drag the 'phone-in show' idea out for half an hour?!

Quote: Bohannon @ October 29, 2007, 9:56 PM

I thought the "Blowout" sketch show was pretty decent.

Christ, I caught that one, the Scottish sketch show. Just awful; really poor. In fact I thought it was beyond poor and was left feeling a little pissed off that a production company could get something that pathetic onto television. There have been some shit sketch shows over the last couple of years, but this, without doubt, was the shittest. One sketch was liteally a couple about to have sex, the woman says she wants the man to piss on her, he says he doesnt want to, she says he cant have sex if he doesnt, so he does. Thats it. A long way past cack.

Did anyone see 'The Smallest Game in Town'? It was all over the place and rarely funny. It starts off being poker players around a table then almost half way through they decide to have them all running around at night. WTF?