Sarah Kendall's Frayed Page 2

Ain't seen this particular show but I saw Sarah Kendal live about ten years ago and she was beyond awesome.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th September 2019, 11:11 PM

If you haven't seen an episode of Frayed yet, I strongly advise you to do so because it's absolutely and utterly brilliant.

I've just watched episode one and everything about it is great - especially the characters and the dialogue.

The comedy comes entirely from character: there are no jokes crowbarred into the dialogue and yet it's just about the funniest dialogue the average TV viewer is ever going to hear.

It's not easy to write dialogue that's simultaneously natural and funny but Sarah Kendall not only does that, she gives us dialogue that's simultaneously natural and bloody hilarious.

As if that were not enough, the visual humour is also first-class stuff.

For my money, it's the funniest sitcom or comedy-drama (or whatever it is) on TV at present.

In fact, it doesn't have a whole lot of competition from the past, either!

Oh, and did I mention it's got Diane Morgan in it too?

And Kerry Godliman?

"Stop! Stop!" I hear you cry. "I'm going into comedy overload!"

I haven't seen Frayed, but I thought Kerry Godliman was Godawful in Taskmaster! Is she better in this?
(I thought Sarah Kendall was quite good on TM though).

This is the only show on at the moment where I laugh out loud multiple times in each episode.

Finished series 2, I love it so much. Sammy and Jim's sibling rivalry makes me howl with laughter and it's nicely set up for a third series.

I tried the first episode,actually fell asleep during it.
Not for me!

Very sad news. It seems Frayed has been cancelled. Kendall confirmed it on Twitter. I loved the show, why is it that quite shows like this don't get to complete their story? Even with a one of special to wrap up the cliffhanger?

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Kendall/status/1720102781485256742?t=7acTtA-Tb6t5EdykDHG0Lw&s=19

She also expanded on what would have been the plot if series 3 in a later tweet:

"I had planned for S3 a time jump of 5 years. Dan survived that night but left town and sammy ended up going to jail for the murder. They found the body. Series 3 would begin with her release from jail, Jim picking her up."

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Kendall/status/1720364095294042620?t=Q36ePfgP3ohDZfTM9E-2iw&s=19