"The OA"

I watched the first episode of this American series several months ago and I thought it was pretty dull stuff overall so I abandoned it.

However, a few days ago Old Lady Leg said how much she was enjoying the series so I thought I'd give it another go.

I re-watched episode one and it was every bit as uninspiring as I remembered. Undaunted, however, I proceeded to watch episode two which proved significantly better than episode one.

Episode three was great too.

I'm now on episode four of the first series and I'm very glad I gave it all another chance.

Why did they make episode one such a duffer!

Translation please!

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2019, 11:39 PM

Translation please!

J'ai regardé le premier épisode de cette série américaine il y a plusieurs mois et je pensais que c'était plutôt ennuyeux dans l'ensemble, donc je l'ai abandonné.

Cependant, il y a quelques jours, Old Lady Leg a dit à quel point elle appréciait la série et j'ai donc pensé tenter le coup.

J'ai regardé de nouveau l'épisode 1 et c'était aussi peu inspirant que je m'en souvenais. Inébranlable, j'ai toutefois regardé l'épisode deux, qui s'est révélé nettement meilleur que l'épisode un.

L'épisode trois était super aussi.

Je suis maintenant sur le quatrième épisode de la première série et je suis très heureux d'avoir donné une autre chance à tout cela.

Pourquoi ont-ils fait l'épisode 1 un tel duffer!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th March 2019, 11:45 PM

J'ai regardé le premier épisode de cette série américaine il y a plusieurs mois et je pensais que c'était plutôt ennuyeux dans l'ensemble, donc je l'ai abandonné.

Cependant, il y a quelques jours, Old Lady Leg a dit à quel point elle appréciait la série et j'ai donc pensé tenter le coup.

J'ai regardé de nouveau l'épisode 1 et c'était aussi peu inspirant que je m'en souvenais. Inébranlable, j'ai toutefois regardé l'épisode deux, qui s'est révélé nettement meilleur que l'épisode un.

Je suis maintenant sur le quatrième épisode de la première série et je suis très heureux d'avoir donné une autre chance à tout cela.

Magnifique!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th March 2019, 11:45 PM

It's amazing what you can do on BabelFish these days Whistling nnocently

I'm still none the wiser although I understood most of that French.

WHAT DOES OA STAND FOR?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th March 2019, 5:43 PM

WHAT DOES OA STAND FOR?

I believe it stands for "original angel".

One thing's for sure, however: the series is highly original.

If only there was a web site.....

What station?

St Pancras

:)

Quote: Chappers @ 27th March 2019, 6:10 PM

What station?

It's on Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHJtez2IlY

That explains why I've got no idea about it. I still refuse to buy any extras.

I've already finished series two as well. There's a lot to take in...and I'm still left wondering...what the f**k is happening! For me, though, that is a good thing. I hate being spoon-fed each part of a story in easy to digest amounts. Not saying I love being confused the whole way though (and I wasn't), but, if I find myself predicting events and constantly being right, I kinda lose interest. The OA intrigues me...and I know I'll want to watch the next series to find out even more about the characters and why they are tied to each other across dimensions. The writers seem to be playing the long game, so we won't fully understand exactly how events are connected until further seasons start filling the gaps.

It won't be to everyone's taste...and it's a series that needs full attention...otherwise you will miss something. It's a fairly draining binge, I have to say.

I'm now looking for another series to keep me occupied. Again, I've clicked through countless trailers, but I'm yet to take the plunge. OA nearly didn't get my time, as the trailer seemed pretty tame and gave the impression it was just about a girl who disappeared and was found years later. I'm waiting for Netflix to give me AHS Apocalypse, but nothing yet.

I was hoping that the last episode of Series 1 would explain everything that needed explaining but, unfortunately, it explained absolutely bugger all.

I think the writers may simply be writing episode after episode because they themselves haven't got a clue what it's all about and they live in mortal dread of ever having to finish it!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2019, 3:12 PM

I think the writers may simply be writing episode after episode because they themselves haven't got a clue what it's all about and they live in mortal dread of ever having to finish it!

Like Lost?

Quote: DaButt @ 28th March 2019, 3:13 PM

Like Lost?

Exactly like "Lost"! Laughing out loud