Quote of Today? Page 3

Laughing out loud

Quote: Jordan @ October 21, 2007, 2:09 PM

That's really impressive, almost unbelieveable...

It's sadly true but thanks! Mind you it's a long way to go to beat the teddy bear postcards. There seem to be a load of them all over Devon. Teddy bears visiting various places like the beach or hanging out with some ponies. The bears get out more than I do during the summer.

As someone else who use to live in Grimsby, I too can vouch for it being rubbish. I use to have this reoccuring dream that it kept getting destroyed by a mega-tsunami. Unfortunately it was just a dream.

I love that really sophisticated, almost exotic sounding advert, I think it's for Young's fish - then right at the end, this really quintessentially northern accent chirps up and goes "via Grimsby". Talk about bringing the tone down!

Northern charm is always lost on London 'Nancy boys!'

(So they tell me...) Whistling nnocently

Hat the Jac x

No, it's not that. Just the sudden abrupt change, and to something which really doesn't sound at all positive.

AWWWWWWWW! AARON! Is that you? You are sooooo cute! AWWWWW!

Fair comment...

It must be hard to be positive about a town called Grim..

Hardly a Marketing Mans delight..

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 21, 2007, 6:44 PM

AWWWWWWWW! AARON! Is that you? You are sooooo cute! AWWWWW!

Indeed 'tis.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 21, 2007, 6:44 PM

Fair comment...

It must be hard to be positive about a town called Grim..

Hardly a Marketing Mans delight..

Quite.

I thought it was Byron not Aaron...

Aaron's pulled!

And been pulling on a regular basis...

Sid

I would post a pic of myself but it would give Frank too much happiness! Plus the sound of cracking screens would be deafening and hurt my tiny ears.

I was going to write something then, but figured it was probably quite offensive.

So - shockingly for me - I shall refrain.

Booo.