Introduction and thoughts... Page 2

Quote: Keegs @ October 15, 2007, 11:36 AM

Just wondering, do you guys consider this kind of thing worthwhile for getting yourself noticed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/comedysoup/

Not that one as it closed down about 4 months ago ! Channel 4 run a similar site - 4laughs - although i think even they are running out of steam/ inclination now. But, as you say, there are hundreds of 'user content' sites out there, in fact a lot of the production companies are, somewhat belatedly, setting up user generated 'comedy' sites - such as comedybox.

Whilst i think the chances of being 'spotted' on these sites are slim, they do provide a visual means for producers and such folk to see your work. Most producers are too lazy (joke) to read scripts! Also, your 'vision' might translate better through visual media rather than hard copy. Some sketches, which are hilarious when produced, just don't cut it on paper (IMHO).

Anyway, my advice is go for it. I, and a couple of other on here, made my first videos/ animations due to BBC comedy soup. And I now write/ produce full time. So it can be done. Best of luck!

BSG salutations.

Hello Keegs.

Thanks Baumski, Wildjesusfishkid Wave

Nick Rivers, thanks for the comments. I've noticed a lot of people on this forum do the whole animation thing. Is this something you'd recommend? How easy is it to learn animation on Flash? I regretfully never took Flash courses when I was at uni, but I know illustrator and can easily draw characters, so I'm thinking maybe I should take an animation course. *strokes chin*

:D