New Radio 2 Promos A Scandal Waiting To Happen...

In light of the ridiculous McCarthyite witch hunt over television not being trustworthy and faking everything, why are the Beeb running trailers in which Chris Evans and Russel Brand pretend to play instruments? I seem to remember a Billy Ocean video once had to be recut because Danny Devito pretended to play a saxophone in it.

Because people are pathetic and over-sensitive. Next there'll be uproar because Doctor Who didn't ACTUALLY feature the real William Shakespeare! I mean, shock-f**king-horror!

What people have forgotten is that TV is a 'constructed reality' - everything is carefully framed, angled, and cut to give an illusion of something that doesn't exist in the real world.

The quicker people wake up to the idea that being handfed 'selected' pieces of information through TV is no substitute for education and that the world is basically a russian doll with bigger and bigger illusionists performing greater and greater tricks on the mass consciousness, the better.

There I've said it now. :O

I've heard a rumour that it wasn't actually Chevy Chase singing in the video to You Can Call Me Al and Milli Vanilli had a bit of help with their album ;)

Quote: Aaron @ October 10, 2007, 11:10 AM

Because people are pathetic and over-sensitive. Next there'll be uproar because Doctor Who didn't ACTUALLY feature the real William Shakespeare! I mean, shock-f**king-horror!

It's not as if it would have been hard to get him for the part. He doesn't do a lot of writing these days so he's not busy.

All you need is a spade.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 10, 2007, 2:29 PM

All you need is a spade.

Ha ha ha - lol. Brilliant.

Quote: Aaron @ October 10, 2007, 11:10 AM

Wasn't the Tardis working at the time then?