Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters - Series 2

So, this started again last week. And it's still brilliant.

Sky have put ALL the episodes for the new series up already on On Demand, for those interested.

:)

I'll be watching it weekly and the first episode was excellent as expected. Very much looking forward to tonight's episode.

Yup Love Alan Partridge. I'll definitely be wat.......hang on it's on Sky Atlantic. I don't get Sky Atlantic. FUCK!

Oh well, at least one of my other favourite shows, The Trip is returning to the good old BB..........FUCK!

Watched this last night, great stuff, especially liked him turning his nose up at some weird meat sponge concoction someone sent in only to devour it later in the show when he was half pissed on wine.

Can you get these online
Or is it just Sky Atlantic?

They are available .

I've just watched Series 2 Episode 1 on Amazon and the radio play segment was brilliantly funny. The Gibbons brothers really do know their Alan. What I love about anything Steve Coogan does is the high calibre of the cast he works with. The acting is always excellent and it can't be easy acting opposite Alan. Robert Popper in Open Books springs to mind and I wonder how much corpsing there was making that. The outtakes for Mid Morning Matters shows Darren Boyd had to do a lot of takes because he couldn't stop laughing to the point where Steve looked like he was becoming impatient.

Still ain't seen this one, but caught This Time on BoobTube and didn't get into it at first, but loved It the second time around. Full of little touches (like my mother). I love it when he says, 'It makes you go, Ooooh, Bodyform' cos that was an ancient tampax ad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T81nGq8F1G4 There you go, something I actually like, and it isn't The Young Ones, a Beatle or Mel C. Hard work.

To me both series are peak Partridge that never put a foot wrong. I hope that if AP returns again it's in a stripped down format like this.

It's all fairly awesome, but I'm Alan Partridge gets my vote. Even the film was worthwhile.
Right, that's enough positivity for One decade. Time to say It is total and utter f**king shit again.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th July 2023, 8:12 AM

There you go, something I actually like, and it isn't The Young Ones, a Beatle or Mel C. Hard work.

That's a very wide interest, there are over 350,000 species of Beatles. Also this show is fab.

I was actually referring to the popular music pop music pop group of popular pop music, The Beatles, formed by John Lennon (chief songwriter, author, guitars, vocals, harmonicas, moog, piano, human rights ambassador, campaigner for peace, poet, humorist, writer), Paul McCartney (chief songwriter, composer, guitars, vocals, bass, keyboards promoter of animal rights, member of the knighthood, film-maker, experimentalist), George Harrison (songwriter, guitars, vocals, sitars, moog, piano, experimentalist in Indian music and philosophy, film producer and co-founder of Handmade films, Formula One dilettante) and Ringo (drum).
Yeah, I've loved Partridge since The Day Today and KMKY, but there are only snippets on YouTube. Coogan is a star performer. There's a lovely comment on Coogan's Run, where he wakes up hung over and humming in Dearth of a Salesman: he spent AGES deciding which song, and this was years before DVDs and the digital explosion. A true pro.

Favourite Beatles album?

Probably....'The Best of the Beatles'

🤣

I didn't know you were into music. I know you're a DJ, but I've heard your show.
F**k, I'll be quoting Blackadder next.
Scissored Island was fun too.
Partridge is one of the very few acts who:'s always kept the standard extremely high. It is not total and utter f**king shit.

Coogan was on Rob Brydon's podcast recently

Decent listen