My New Book Page 2

Quote: gappy @ 19th January 2016, 2:03 PM GMT

First few pages look intriguing, I like the Halliwell gag. Good luck with it.

Ta!

Best of luck with it, Lazz.

Do you have anyone in mind to adapt it when Hollywood comes calling? ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 19th January 2016, 2:40 PM GMT

Best of luck with it, Lazz.

Do you have anyone in mind to adapt it when Hollywood comes calling? ;)

More Cricklewood than Hollywood, but I am in conversation with someone!
:)

Good luck with the book Lazzard.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th January 2016, 10:13 AM GMT

"Take a Look Inside" now up and running.

It's one of those 10 words per page affairs.

Lazy sod. :(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th January 2016, 3:31 PM GMT

It's one of those 10 words per page affairs.

Lazy sod. :(

We call it 'air' in the trade.

Buy it on Kindle and set the font size to 'tiny' - it'll look like the King Jame's Bible.

Get that kindle version up and running :)

Quote: steven @ 23rd January 2016, 5:45 PM GMT

Get that kindle version up and running :)

Ironing out a couple of glitches with the editor as we speak.
I now know why a lot of e-books look shit - it's a shed-load of work!
Monday/Tuesday I reckon.
Also need to work out whether to join the Kindle Select option - it's a bloody minefield.

I published this time last year in the select programme and its been nothing short of brilliant for me. Although the value of a page read seems to be dropping month on month.

Whats your book?

Sex, lies, and chocolate cakes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sex-Lies-Chocolate-Cakes-Delicious-ebook/dp/B00RPPHANS

They've changed the structure of select since I published but still worth giving it a go I think. Some make more on borrows than they do in sales. Although they do tend to have quite a few books out there.

Quote: steven @ 24th January 2016, 6:22 PM GMT

Sex, lies, and chocolate cakes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sex-Lies-Chocolate-Cakes-Delicious-ebook/dp/B00RPPHANS

They've changed the structure of select since I published but still worth giving it a go I think. Some make more on borrows than they do in sales. Although they do tend to have quite a few books out there.

Looks good.
Picking your brains now, I'm afraid.
How do you define those genre listings on the Kindle edition - you've got some impressive ranking in the sub-genres.
And how did you launch the book?
Are the majority of sales on the Kindle?

No problem :)

Well first you get to pick two categories, my two at the moment are satire and humour, but I tend to swap one to romantic comedy from time to time to hopefully keep it visible. Then you get to pick five keywords or phrases best associated with your book. Loose examples for you could be 'Cross dressing' or 'St Albans.'
The best ways are to try different words/phrases in the amazon search bar and see if it brings up books in a similar vein. Or find books similar to yours and use the categories they're in as your keywords.
Say you chose 'humour' and 'romantic comedy' as your categories, you could then put 'satire' as one of your keywords.
The good thing is you can change your keywords as many times as you like until you find the ones that work for you.

For my launch I'm quite lucky in that I'm quiet well known on a few Facebook groups so that gave it a bit of impetus to begin with.
But when you launch on kindle you're quite visible as a new release for a month or two anyway. Obviously there are thousands of books published every week but I'm a firm believer that if it's good enough, has an eye catching cover, and an interesting blurb, then people will buy it. You have all three I think.

Considering I haven't done any advertising I've been really lucky with mine. I only really did a print version for aging relatives but I've sold just over a thousand in the last year, but it's the kindle version that most people seem to prefer.
Including borrows for which I receive the same royalty as a sale, I've had 32k downloads since it's launch and reached no 39 overall during July last year.

Hope all that makes sense

Brilliant.
Expect to have your brain-picked at regular intervals.

Very valuable & interesting info in your exchange. Very encouraging to all us outsiders looking in.

Many thanks for sharing.