Chance In A Million

I know there's a DVD thread, but I couldn't find a dedicated Sitcom thread for this so just thought I'd start it. A wonderful series, great plots (in fact I would go so far as to compare it to One Foot in the Grave in its plotting of coincidences). The fact that Brenda Blethyn ends up half naked in a lot of the episodes is no bad thing either...

Incidentally has anyone seen Norriss and Fegan's follow up sitcom The Labours Of Erica, and if so is it any good?

I dunno. It's trying too hard to be Some Mothers like.

Saw them both on C4 back in the 80s. I thought that CIAM was funny then, mostly because of the leads, but wonder what I'd think of ithe now? TLOE wasn't as good IIRC.

Chance in a Million was certainly great fun and very similar in style to the writers' later The Brittas Empire.

Simon Callow was trying to get a new series made a few years ago but, perhaps unsurprisingly, failed.

I have watched the first two episodes of this so far, I like it, it is pretty good.
I don't seem to enjoy a lot of new comedy and have been watching a lot of older stuff lately, older sitcoms seem to have more thought put into them.

This totally passed me by when originally broadcast and I've stumbled upon it on forces TV... Can't say I'm too impressed?