Youtube Celebrity (And My Own Twisted Envy.) Page 2

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 1, 2007, 11:12 PM

To extend this debate (as it's making me feel guilty and bitter, he's a very nice guy) is the youtube generation bad for comedy? Of course it helps struggling writers and film-makers, but it also makes the medium very dispensible, and there are vast deluges of rubbish around the occasional gems.

gems are usually found in dark holes covered in crap, why would youtube be any different?

:D

don't feel guilty, he may be nice, but he isn't very funny(imo). At the end of the day all he did was make a bad cup of tea.

I really don't get the attraction of vlogging. They're usually so boring and long-winded! "Right, first of all I wanna talk about.....zzzz". He seems better than most other vloggers I've seen though I guess.

I dunno, I watched it for a few seconds, he's 16, good luck to him, he's already done more then I ever have, lol.

I didn't really laugh much, but what's he doing on ABC1?

he's not strictly touting himself as a comedian though. I can see why he's attracted attention - i believe he did a 'how to get featured' vid on youtube which always stood a good chance of getting featured - good marketing. although i agree vlogging is terribly tedious - but if you can't beat them - join them i say !

I just don't understand the concept of vlogging. Surely it should be funny or informative, or why would anyone be even vaguely interested? (Immediate family aside, I suppose.)

I managed 31 seconds.

It's a shame he's left school as he's ripe for bullying, in my book.

Don't envy this nut sack.

Don't be cruel *Wags finger in a faintly ironic way.*

I just can't see the appeal of 'vlogging.' Surely diaries aren't meant to be quite so brazenly in the public eye?

He's going to be on ABC1?

Hasn't that channel been axed?

Not in the US it hasn't!

Didn't enjoy it at all. It amazes me how many hits some things on you tube gets. But good look to this guy if he has managed to get the Americans interested.